• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Millne
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Nov 2007

Sound card mixer and volume re-setting.

I'm finding the audio output from the DFP's to be too quiet in certain circumstances. Adjusting the Cortex PC volume works fine but after an event the volume is being reset back to 50%. I have looked through the sound card mixer tools but can't see why thi is happening. Any ideas?

Thanks

- Andy
    Visit my blog and Follow me on Twitter...
  • Gumby
    • May 2004

My understanding is that the Cortex sounds schemes overwrite (or perhaps more accurately interact directly) with the Windows sound mixer setting.

So you need to get the level in the Cortex settings correct. Cortex has several level settings used at different times depending what is going on. It's not entirely intuitive IMHO...
    ----------------------
    www.gumbrell.com

Comment

• Andrew Millne
      Automated Home Ninja
      • Nov 2007

ah got it now thanks. Perhaps the large slider control should be replaced by individual sliders alongside the checkboxes or even replicate the windows style mixer desk for each profile? As it stands with no label it is not immediately obvious what the slider is for.
      Visit my blog and Follow me on Twitter...

Comment

• Viv
        Automated Home Ninja
        • Dec 2004

[QUOTE= As it stands with no label it is not immediately obvious what the slider is for.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps so, but if you click on the ? help button on the sound mixer scheme menu you do get an explanation in the Notes section.

But then who reads the help :-)

Viv

Comment

• Paul_B
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jul 2006

I must confess I don't normally read the help files unless it is the last resort and then they don't actually help anayway.

However, I don't know who does the help documents for Cortex but on the whole they are very good and well wother referring to

Paul

Comment

Working...
          X