• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • buzz
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Jan 2009

ep4002 - gone wrong!

hi
    i have an ep4002 controlling my c/heating[seperate boiler for h/w], it wont turn off at night despite checking all settings to be off by 9.00pm, i.e. the heating continues to run, rads hot, gas bill the size of a small planet. Ii have swapped out the controller for a spare - no luck......I have reduced the rad stats to low, droppped the room stat etc, could it be a by pass valve / zone valve [or something else] - not too clued up on these things.
    Any help would be appreciated
    pete
  • MichaelD
    Automated Home Guru
    • Mar 2006

My guess would be a wiring problem to the thermostat/timer, or something faulty in the boiler.

Seems very unlikely to be a zone valve problem, as the boiler should only run when the timer allows, whereas the zone valve should be directing the water, not deciding when to heat it.

Looks like its time to get in an expert!

Comment

• buzz
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Jan 2009

hi michael

thanks for your help, i think you may be right. 'll try to get some wiring diagram from Baxi tomorrow.
      Can the boiler still come on even if the display and light on the timer unit are showing as switched off?

cheers again - pete

Comment

• NeilUK
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Jul 2005

It could be a faulty zone valve - most of the 2-port and 3-port zone valves used in domestic installs have an end-switch that normally closes its contact when the valve is opened. In most cases this end-switch is used to enable the boiler and make the pump run. The timer and room stat are wired in series to the valve motor - when the timeclock and stat call for heat then the valve is energised, opening the valve and activating the end-switch which in turn switches on the boiler and pump. If the valve is stuck open then this could be bringing on the boiler and pump even though the timer & stat are "off".

Comment

Working...
        X