Thread: Value of second hand homevision

Default Value of second hand homevision

Anyone any idea of the value of a second hand homevision unit. I am upgrading my comfort 1 alarm system and plan to move all my existing HV functions onto new Comfort 11, so will be making my trusty homevision redundant :-( and will be putting it on ebay. Just wondering how much I can offset the cost of my new comfort system.

Regards,
    Eamon
    Last edited by Wexfordman; 13th January 2009 at 04:57 PM.

Automated Home Sr Member SiliconPixel's Avatar

Are you sure you really want to sell the HV unit?

I use Comfort and HV together - they complement each other really well. For my uses, I found Comfort lacking in a few major areas (just no-where near as flexible and powerful as HV for the more pure HA functions). I also found Comfort to be more cumbersome to program.

Sayting that - I know a few people who do everything in Comfort - but I wouldn't want to!

Re value - have you had a search on the HV yahoo group - I know there have been a few up for sale over the last several months. Mostly US based though.

Cheers,

Paul.

Thanks Paul,

Up till now, I have been using HV for the clever stuff, and comfort 1 mily just to send simple commands to HV with HV activating Macro's etc. I used to use the tv menu on HV, but no longer do, so have found myself short of a good interface to HV, to activate and run macro's schedules etc. I too found comfort very awkward to program when I installed mine first.

A couple of months ago, I installed the new comfort 11 for my sister, with some x10 modules for basic lighting/heating, and some scs switches for local control and heat sensor. Also used the eth interface on comfort with comfigurator, and have to say, huge difference. I can acheive pretty much everything within comfort that I am doing with HV, with the added bonus of the scs switches, which are ideal for local control (I have some holes in my walls, which will work well with them, long story!!). The use of scs's will also give me zoned temp readings around the house, which I have not done with HV to date.

Also, the CWM is back, and while I want web control, I hate the idea of leaving a pc on 24/7 to do this, so the cwm is ideal I think.

I just cant think how I am going to use HV once I have this in place, although I agree its a great piece of kit, never once gien me a problem in 7 years (bar a lightning strike, my fault for no surge protection).

Regards,
    Eamon

Automated Home Sr Member SiliconPixel's Avatar

Sounds good - I'm still on Comfort I and haven't played with II - maybe an upgrade in the future, although it does everything I want ATM.

There was an add recently posted via the HV forum for a HV PRO for $500. I guess a HV std would get a fair bit less...

Personally I would keep the HV unit, even if its for back up purposes.
    I love my HV unit never any problems.
    Also once you have the comfort II installed you can then decided if its worth keeping the HV. Better to have it available, just in case, than wishing you hadn't sold it on Ebay two weeks ago.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Yeah,

Wont be selling it till I get comfort 2 up and running, but just trying to figure out budget etc. Cytech are looking at doing an upgrade deal :-)

Eamon