Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No control!

Automated Home Sr Member franktate's Avatar

Smile

Had another play last night when I took delivery of the X10 testing unit.
    I plugged the transmitter into 3 different locations and took reading from all plug sockets. After about 20 minutes of scratching my head to work out why some sockets were high sometimes and zero the next, I concluded that no matter where the transmitter was placed there was a poor socket by the TV. This socket read zero on 2 occasions and 25mv on the other.
    I therefore unplugged the TV multi socket (TV, Suround sound system, HDMI switch, Wii) & the other multi socket (Sky+, PS3, Sonos, Wireless router, NAS). Reading at the lowest point was now 100mv.

In summary, I need a couple of filters by the TV equipment.

I also tested the SC9000. I set it to P1 (instead of plugging in the transmitter) and sent the signal on and off. No signal was recived, so I am concluding that the SC9000 is Brok (Cumbrian for not working anymore). Tried both the panel and the remotes with no luck.

I would recommend everyone getting (renting) a tester. It's has given me a very good idea of the signal stregth throughout the house. (Much to my wifes anoyance at disturbing her evenings viewing.)

Hope this helps someone.
    Frank

Its probably the power supply for the SC9000 that is broken. This has the X10 interface built into it. It is possible to get just the power supply. If you have difficulty getting one let me know and I will see what I can do for you. They are about 30 to 35 euros.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    www.casatech.eu Renovation Spain Blog