• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redw0001
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Oct 2004

SW10G question

Hi, I've had an SW10G sitting on shelf for couple of years and finally after having a load of building work on my house have decided to use it. So, last week put screen up in new room and connected up the SW10G to control it.

It works, controlled from PC or IR7243, up and down no problem. However, it seems totally inaccurate on the time, which controls the drop. At first I thought it only stopped when the screen was at its max. But I could hear the unit switch off. So, I tried some short drops (about 1/4 the screen height). Over about a dozen or so, up and downs the screen gradually openned further and it close position got a bit lower, maybe six inches.

I'm actually reasonably happy, but anyone seen this and any suggestions how to sort? I checked in the archive and saw there have been problems in the past but I dont think they were exactly what I'm seeing, but could not guarantee.

robin
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Have you taught the switch the limits of the screen.
    Here is what you must do:
    PROGRAMMING THE SW10
    Now the control electronics has to be calibrated in order to adjust to the time the shutter
    motor need from fully closed to fully open:
    1. Make sure the mains is connected.
    2. Use the switch to drive the screen all the way up.
    3. With the aid of a screwdriver, adjust the House Code dial to the * position.
    4. Now press the lower push button until the screen is down completely.
    5. Release the button as soon as the screen is all the way down. The electronics measure the elapsed
    time and stores it internally so that the switch always knows the position of the screen.
    6. Set the rotary code switches on the front side to the desired address
    7. Put the switch cover back on.
    The calibration is now completed. The internal electronics have measured and stored the time
    for raising and lowering the screen. These values will not be lost even in case of mains failure.
    The switch will respond to the following commands: ON: fully open, OFF: fully closed,
    DIM : 4 % up, BRIGHT: 4 % down.
    Last edited by toscal; 2 February 2009, 04:15 PM.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• redw0001
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Oct 2004

Yes, this is what I did as per instructions in the box. My view is that it does not seem to be very accurate. It has been powered now for around 24 hours. I'll try again in a while to see if it was just 'first night nerves'.

Thank you for the response. robin

Comment

• toscal
        • Oct 2005

Just thought of something else. Does the screen have its own built in limit switches. These sometimes get out of sync. On many screens / shutters these are just cams that operate a micro switch. If you can open up the screen housing you may see these cams. Quite often there is an adjust screw for each cam, and a locking screw. Operate the screen and see if the cams are actually working properly, they may need adjusting.
        Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• redw0001
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Oct 2004

Hmm, did some fiddling last night and it seems like the screen always drops to its maximum, not what I want I'd like it to be about 6 to 8 inches higher. Some times it stops short of closing totally, which I can correct manually.

Also Dim fully opens the screen, bright fully closes it.

I'm not sure its the out of sync suggestion as I can hear the click from the SW10G as it turns off.

robin

Comment

• toscal
            • Oct 2005

What I meant was that in the motor of the screen there should be some form of limit switch or switches. If these are out of sync then this may cause problems.
            How are you controlling the SW10G. As the dim and bright commands should only adjust movement by about 4 to 6% each time you send the command.
            Also just spoken to a client of mine and he had a similar problem with a shutter. Went through the teaching process again, i.e. setting the house code to * and driving it all the way out etc. And this did the trick. What you could do is drive the screen out to the desired position when in the * address. This should then give you the desired position when you set it back to the house code you want and send the X10 commands.
            Last edited by toscal; 5 February 2009, 12:07 AM.
            Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
            X