Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Low Power PCs

I had a Mini ITX MII12000 running XP pro, homeseer and pinacle showcenter software. It would just about cope with running all this. It only had 256Mb of memory. I had to reboot it it once a week. It used to lock up. But this was probably caused by lack of memory. Its now got 500Mb and it works fine as a home PC for the kids.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    www.casatech.eu Renovation Spain Blog

Another mini-itx ...

VIA EN1200 (1.2Ghz fanless EN series), 160Gb 2.5in HD, 1Gb memory, conventional PSU. Running XP & Cortex (hm... some idle time to use !)

Measured power pull was (IIRC) ~29-30w.

I've a small brick+DC/DC PSU that would drop this down to ~19-20w but I originally had issues with the serial port when using it and it got too cold for me to stop Cortex to investigate further (...waiting till March/April...).

Last reboot? Probably October or something like that.
    Jon

I'm using a fanless rackmount Atom based solution from http://www.tranquilpc.co.uk . Running WHS on the same server - seems fine Has some expansion slots (depending on model) and built in RS232. A bit expensive though...

K

Automated Home Jr Member jcmiguel's Avatar

Default Atom pc

I have the atom from tranquilpc running cortex as well. It is working fine now but I wouldn't recommend their services. I spent more than 6 months trying to solve problems that they said were not there although every time I had it on temperature would rise.