• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lujo
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Feb 2009

Soft start light switches

Can anyone advise where i can get these from

Ive seen them in a friends house when you switch them on the lights come on gradually

many thanks
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

You could try looking for a supplier of the MK Edge dimmers these are soft start. Also Lutron do softstart dimmers as well. I think Screwfix sells these. http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...95022&ts=29642 they are not cheap.
    Last edited by toscal; 5 February 2009, 11:27 AM.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• toscal
      • Oct 2005

There is a company here in Spain that do a soft start dimmer. The module is designed to fit behind the switch. Don't know about prices. But I will be near where the distributor is middle of next week or so. So I could pop in and find out if you want.
      Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• toscal
        • Oct 2005

Just found out that there is a company here in Spain that do a soft start dimmer. And the distributor isn't that far away from where I am. The module is designed to fit behind the switch. Don't know about prices. But I will be near where the distributor is middle of next week or so. So I could pop in and find out if you want.
        Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• martynah
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Nov 2006

How about these?

I used a couple of these in my house

from B&Q, they are touch-switch dimmers, with IR remote control - interestingly you can 'teach' the switch an IR code from any remote pretty much - nice low tech home automation.

I used the 400w one to soft-start a set of GU10 240v halogens in my kitchen, this prolongued the lamp life hugely, and it remembers the brightness you set.

They dont work with low-energy bulbs/flourescents etc, so when I switched to flourescent GU10 replacements had to come out.

HTH

Mart.

Comment

Working...
          X