I want to be a system Integrator. Can anyone help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BenJ20VT
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Oct 2004

I want to be a system Integrator. Can anyone help?

Hello all,

Firstly I would like to introduce myself. My names Ben and I'm an IT and networking contractor for Vodafone in Newbury, Berkshire. However I am a qualified electrician as well with 3 years experience under my belt. I have been wanting to become a system integrator for a while now and my opportunity comes at the end of the year when my current contract ends. I’ve done some reading and Cbus seems most interesting and is the sort of installation I want to get into. I'm just looking for some friendly advice or maybe even the chance of some work for a keen newbie?? :wink:

Kind regards.

ben.jonas@vodafone.net
  • phcjpp
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Oct 2004

Re: I want to be a system Integrator. Can anyone help?

Where are you based ?

Chris

Comment

• BenJ20VT
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by phcjpp
      Where are you based ?

Chris
      Hi Chris,

Im based in Newbury, Berkshire. Still waiting for the first opportunity to do my CIS training as there currently renewing training facilities. Should be qualified by end of November.

Ben.

Comment

• cablelines
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Dec 2004

Hi,
        Just to let you know the intergrators training programme based at the new Coventry training centre will be up and running from Feb 05.
        If you email me your details I will forward them for inclusion and also send you marketing material for C-Bus.

Regards
        Martin

Comment

• cablelines
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Dec 2004

Great News on C-Bus Training!!

I am pleased to re[port that the C-Bus training is now up and running and if you wish to be considered as an integrator please email your details and I will forward the course details.

Regards
          Martin

Comment

• vex
            Automated Home Guru
            • Feb 2005

PM or email me and I'd be happy to chat about the market and your options.
            www.intouchtech.co.uk (trade)
            NOW PART OF INVISION UK, One of the leading home technology distributors to the CI Market.

Comment

• cfp
              Automated Home Lurker
              • Mar 2005

EIB

Obviously biased here, but we have seen a lot of integrators starting to use EIB and Radio bus products for mid-high end control as they are very flexible. Lots of room to make your 'product' different from the next integrator.

Call me if you want a chat about it (phone number on website) I've been in the industry for a while now and might be able to help you out.

It's definitely worth a look, and if its right for you then you'll love it.

Cheers,

EIB = European Installation Bus

Comment

Working...
              X