• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JonS
    Automated Home Guru
    • Dec 2007

IR handsets & Rx stores

I've had a IR control of lights from saving packets in reciever stores. I've been experimenting with IR handsets, which look OK for organising Transmit packets, but is there a way of using the handsets to populate the stores in the receiver? It looks like it should be "download to module" but this doesn't seem to do anything in the Rx behaviour menu? However this might reflect my undertanding as the Rx behaviour menu has "Store Handset" & Function listed on the left, but how these map to the stores I cannot see - looks editable i.e. no meaning re what it does? Is there a way to telling which stores have somethign recorded in them?

Can someone explain this to me - I've read the help several times.

Finally note for Karam and Viv, when recording a handset "learn handset" no longer gives the audio prompts of which buttons to press when! (cortex 24.2.1)

Thanks
    JonS
    JonS
  • Viv
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Dec 2004

In infrared transmitter handset behaviour menu visit annuciator menu (third button from the bottom on the left). Turn on voice prompts. You should then hear it ask for learning of the buttons in your handset you have designed.

At this point the physical module then holds IR packets that it can transmit out into the room and is represented in Cortex as the remote control handset.

Visit the infrared store menu (fifth button from the left). Click upload from module. Cortex will then collect the information the module holds in its transmit buffers. These will be represented as a user named handset and button tree in the infrared frame store. Note the green panel at the top where you give it a handset name (not to be confused with the object name).

So now you have stored in Cortex a representation of the Infrared transmit handset and its buttons and the associated IR packets.

Now visit your required IR receiver object behaviour menu. This is the device that responds to incoming infrared packets and allows you to make things happen in Cortex.

Visit the infrared store menu (fifth button bottom left) and you should see the handset data you previously collected shown as a tree structure (green panel name).

Either click on the handset or a button in the tree depending if you just want to transfer the whole handset data or just one frame. Then click download.

You will see a menu "Transfering infrared packets form store to infrared receiver". You are given options on where to send this data. Press the appropriate button.

So in this case you are now transfering infrared frames stored in Cortex (previously collected from a IR transmitter) into a physical infrared receiver.
    Alternatively they can go to an Infrared receiver extended store concept.

Hope this helps.

Viv.

Comment

• JonS
      Automated Home Guru
      • Dec 2007

Thanks Viv now makes perfect sense, works as described & I've achieved what I wanted. Voice prompts work too
      Thanks
      JonS

Comment

Working...
      X