• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • svu
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Sep 2006

Cannot control Appliance Module on one particular socket

Hello everybody

I have Marmitek Appliance module which ignores control signals on one particular socket. The socket itself supplies electricity ok (I feed all my media hardware in the living room through it). The module works just fine being plugged to some other sockets.

The strange thing that it was working before - but at some point stopped. The socket is rather old (if this can explain anything...)

Any ideas would be appreciated.
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Have you added any extra equipment at about the same time it stopped working.
    If it works in other sockets then the module is normally fine. Some pieces of equipment can generate noise on the power line. Have you tired it in the problem socket with nothing else plugged in. You should hear it click when it goes on. If it works, then plug one item in and try again and keep doing this until it stops then, this is the item that will need filtering. You can buy plug in X10 noise filters from the same place you got the module from.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• svu
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Sep 2006

Thanks, I will definitely check, that might be the case!

Comment

• svu
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Sep 2006

You were right! I found 2 "bad" devices - when I plugged them out, everything works as before. PS3 and Popcorn Hour A110.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
        X