X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GeoffT
    • Mar 2024

Dimming any light directly in ActiveHome Pro

I have found what I think is a clever way of dimming individual lights rather than the standard X10 dim/bright buttons which only work on the last activated lights.

Rather that the remote working the lights directly, each on and off button on the remote is mapped to a macro.

For the "On" macro, I use an "if then else" statement to check if the light is already on. If it is, the macro dims it by 10%, if not, it switches it to my normal required brightness.

For the "Off" macro, the same "if then else" applies, except that if it is already on. the macro switches it off, and if it is off it switches it to 100% brightness.

This means that in the light is off, the on button switches it to the normal required brightness or the off button switches it on to full brightness. If it is already on, each further press of the on button dims it by 10% and the off button turns it off as normal. To get the light back to full brightness when dimmed you just press the off twice.

By using this system each light can be dimmed directly from its relevant button rather than trying to remember which light was last switched on.
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Nice one, very handy.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
    X