Wanted: someone to try this on an Infinite Prime/Marmitek ProGuard 800 alarm syste

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmb0058
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Feb 2009

Wanted: someone to try this on an Infinite Prime/Marmitek ProGuard 800 alarm syste

Following on from my thread >>HERE<<, could anyone with either an Infinite Prime or Marmitek ProGuard 800 alarm who also is using X10 try the following for me:

1. Confirm that HA is enabled (menu [963]);
    2. Switch the panel off at the mains for 1 second, then switch it back on;
    3. See what happens.

This isn't long enough to trigger the AC LOSS system alert, but in my case the panel then sends an Off X10 command to every unit on my housecode

I don't know if this is deliberately (mis-)programmed in the firmware or if I have a faulty X10 module.

My hardware and software versions are (menu [710]) HW C0 SW 01.05
    Last edited by dmb0058; 24 February 2009, 03:18 PM.
  • Collector
    Automated Home Lurker
    • May 2009

Hi there,

I've got exactly the same problem, it seems that the Marmitek Proguard800 is constantly sending off-signals to all HA-devices (1-16)

The workaround I'm using for the moment, is to set all HA-devices to code A and the Marmitek alarm system to code B
    In my CM15Pro I've created macros which will trigger on code B (only the 'on' and not the 'off' commands), send an on-command to the coresponding HA module and turn it off after x minutes. This way I'm able to use the Proguard800 features like trigger on zone (open front door, turn on the lights), random turning on lights at night to simulate prescense, ...
    If I look at the log window in ActiveHome Pro software, I can still see that the Proguard800 is sending off signals to HA modules on address B, but all my modules have address A, so no issues anymore

I guess it's some kind of bug in the Proguard800 firmware

Did you get any response from support?? firmware upgrade??

I'm running HW C0 SW 01.05

Cheers,
    Collector

Comment

• toscal
      • Oct 2005

Just sent an email to Marmitek to find out for you. I sent it as an official company email rather than a personal email so we will see if they reply. I guess I won't be too surprised if they don't answer. But we could be surprised.
      IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
      Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• toscal
        • Oct 2005

Wee heeeeeeee got a reply from Marmitek. If you can call it that.
        It says this

"Dear Sir or Madam,
        Thank you for your email.
        Please contact your Proguard VAR (Value Added Reseller) for support on
        this matter.

Best regards,
        www.marmitek.com "

So there you go lets pass the buck.
        IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
        Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• Collector
          Automated Home Lurker
          • May 2009

They even mention it on their website (www.marmitek.nl), just go to frequently asked questions for the ProGuard800 Proline Set.
          Click the link 'I have a question about the ProGuard800'

The answer: No direct support is provided for this product. Please contact your point-of-sales

I contacted my point-of-sales in the past concerning a question I had for the external siren, they couldn't answer my question since they didn't have a ProGuard800 setup, but they would forward my question to Marmitek (at the end I received my answer)

Does anybody have good experience with Infinite support??
          Maybe we can try to get support from them?

Marmitek ProGuard800 = Infinite Prime
          (I ordered some sensors for the Infinite Prime alarm, and they just work perfectly on the Marmitek ProGuard800 + they're a lot cheaper!!)

Did someone manage to upgrade the firmware on the ProGuard800/Infinite alarm? Where can we find this upgrade?

Cheers,
          Collector
          Last edited by Collector; 15 May 2009, 05:56 PM.

Comment

• dmb0058
            Automated Home Lurker
            • Feb 2009

Thanks for replies, no joy my end either. Marmitek Customer "support" as dismal as ever !

I ended up with a similar work around at my end - I run Heyu under Ubuntu on a home control server, and did the same kind of mapping as Collector on two house codes. Good idea to put it on the CM15U - I have a CM11U that I might offboard this mapping to.

The best thing about the Proguard800 is the Infinite Prime accessories Much more choice and better prices too. I'm hoping they release the IP module fom the Infinite Broadband as a separate item, I use domus.lite for X10 control via web and would like to add control over the panel.

Comment

• Pete
              Automated Home Lurker
              • Sep 2009

Solution for your problem

Hi there,

I had the same problem, contacted my (value added) reseller. They offer good support by the way.

They told me that there is an incidental problem with the Home Automation module. To solve the problem, the Home Automation module needed to be exchanged, I could do that easily myself.

Now it's working great !

So maybe you can do the same with your reseller...

Comment

• dmb0058
                Automated Home Lurker
                • Feb 2009

Thanks to all who replied. I contacted my supplier who had put a replacement ha unit in the post to me the previous day :-)

My question now is: can some kind soul remind me how to install the module without setting off the internal and wireless sirens ? I'm thinking just disable the internal and set a long delay on the wireless - I don't want to delete the wireless siren as re-registering it means getting long ladders out etc.!

Comment

Working...
                X