X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevin
    • Jan 2004

Honeywell Hometronic Prices ?

Given the offer on at the moment is there a list available somewhere that details all the Hometronic parts and their RRP ?

K
  • SensibleHeatUK
    • Feb 2009

Hi Kevin

No, we don't have a published price list as such, we simply ask that you let us know what you system consists so we can give you the details of what you will need and what options you have if there are several ways of approaching your particular requirements.

Bear in mind that we have several unique products that are not standard Honeywell items - dedicated firmware in some modules, hardware modifications to others and some items (such as the telephone and data/web interfaces) that are our own designs. We do have a brochure pack that includes a pricing guide to give indicative costs for different kinds of systems.

I'm happy to send out proposals & quotes to anyone who wants specific pricing, simply drop me an email, PM or give me a call to discuss
    Sensible Heat
    SensibleHeat.co.uk

Comment

• MichaelD
      Automated Home Guru
      • Mar 2006

Its really good to see that you are opening up to the DIY market, and we can all understand why you want to do that now.

This is a different market from the professional installer market, its a bit like we want to look round B&Q and Maplins to see what there is so that we can go and think about what we want to do, and for many of us, that is a big part of the enjoyment of all this stuff.

Sending off something to a supplier and getting their recommendations feels like work, not fun. We want the price list, we want a couple of paragraphs on what each bit does, a few photos, a diagram, we want to get involved in it all, then we want to implement it, tune it, mess around some more, then when we have done everything we can, we'll move on to another project.

Don't take away some of our fun, or we'll go to do another project instead!

Comment

• SensibleHeatUK
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by MichaelD View Post
        Its really good to see that you are opening up to the DIY market, and we can all understand why you want to do that now.

This is a different market from the professional installer market, its a bit like we want to look round B&Q and Maplins to see what there is so that we can go and think about what we want to do, and for many of us, that is a big part of the enjoyment of all this stuff.

Sending off something to a supplier and getting their recommendations feels like work, not fun. We want the price list, we want a couple of paragraphs on what each bit does, a few photos, a diagram, we want to get involved in it all, then we want to implement it, tune it, mess around some more, then when we have done everything we can, we'll move on to another project.

Don't take away some of our fun, or we'll go to do another project instead!
        Hi Michael

It's not that we are trying to take away the fun, we simply want to ensure that anyone buying our kit knows that it will work properly. We are not box-shifters simply looking to sell lots of product, we still provide a full service. There is still plenty of fun to be had making the kit do things we never thought of and that is why we have changed our offering for the HA enthusiast who would not be interested in or willing to buy our design/supply/commission service offered by us and our resellers.

Just making sure that all of the kit is actually compatible can be a major game and if product does need firmware upgrades (for example to use the latest wireless transceivers for our Web Manager) then we need a way to capture this requirement pre-sale to ensure it is factored in rather than having an annoyed customer trying to return kit post install that they have been unable to make work. That is why the offer is structured the way it is and why we will still issue dedicated quotations to anyone who asks
        Sensible Heat
        SensibleHeat.co.uk

Comment

• MichaelD
          Automated Home Guru
          • Mar 2006

Ok, thanks I can see your point, I just didn't want you to miss some of your potential market because we think in a different way from professional installers.

Comment

• milkattable2
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Sep 2004

agree.... where's the prices / details...

took at look at your webby and it didn't do anything for me other than make me think... hmmm this looks like a dealer who wants to charge what he wants based on getting a sniff from a customer asking about the gear :-)

Not saying you would do this, but i have seen it happen before.

Comment

• Crabby
              Automated Home Lurker
              • Dec 2008

I think I preferred it when NeilUK posted occasional helpful advice and we all knew he worked for Sensible Heat, as opposed to having Sensible Heat marketing to us direct. Hope they're coughing up some cash. But then I am quite crabby .

Comment

• Otto-Mate
                Founder
                • Jan 2004

Crabby - thats a pretty negative post.

It should be said that it was *my* idea to encourage SensibleHeat to become a more active member of our forums, it's not something Neil has asked to do - I'm sure he has enough of heating systems during his day job without posting here on evenings and weekends.

Lets keep things friendly please.

M.
                Editor AutomatedHome.co.uk

www.facebook.com/AutomatedHomeUK
                www.twitter.com/ottomate
                www.instagram.com/automatedhome/

Comment

• Crabby
                  Automated Home Lurker
                  • Dec 2008

Crabby has left the building. It's been swell. Sorry for causing offence, I really must work on my friendliness. I hope Automated Home and Sensible Heat have a long and mutually rewarding relationship.

Adios.

Comment

• Otto-Mate
                    Founder
                    • Jan 2004

Thanks Crabby.

M.
                    Editor AutomatedHome.co.uk

www.facebook.com/AutomatedHomeUK
                    www.twitter.com/ottomate
                    www.instagram.com/automatedhome/

Comment

• JohnnyP
                      Automated Home Jr Member
                      • Nov 2008

Does anyone know if there's a UK version of the HS20 plug-in switching module for the Hometronic system? If so, how much does it cost?

Comment

• SensibleHeatUK
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by JohnnyP View Post
                        Does anyone know if there's a UK version of the HS20 plug-in switching module for the Hometronic system? If so, how much does it cost?
                        You can get them from us Drop me an email or PM and I'll send you some prices.
                        Sensible Heat
                        SensibleHeat.co.uk

Comment

• PeterH
                          Automated Home Jr Member
                          • Nov 2007

I spent a long and frustrating time trying to get some (any) useful information from Honeywell about getting Hometronic in the UK. They more or less told me they couldn't be bothered dealing with the technical enquiries they'd get if they made it widely available so were quite happy to have one firm be the sole supplier.

The logic of this - especially with the current need to drastically improve residential energy efficiency, to say nothing of basic commenrcial sense (where else have you ever come across a manufacturer saying their product is too complicated to be able to sell it) completely defies me. With a captive market I can't blame anyone for making the most of the commercial opportunity but I can't help thinking Honeywell has gone and shot itself in both feet on this, and cetainly not done a good service to the UK consumer.

Would love to know what others think!

Peter

Comment

Working...
                          X