Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Honeywell Hometronic Prices ?

Automated Home Jr Member

Does anyone know if there's a UK version of the HS20 plug-in switching module for the Hometronic system? If so, how much does it cost?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP View Post
    Does anyone know if there's a UK version of the HS20 plug-in switching module for the Hometronic system? If so, how much does it cost?
    You can get them from us Drop me an email or PM and I'll send you some prices.

Automated Home Jr Member

I spent a long and frustrating time trying to get some (any) useful information from Honeywell about getting Hometronic in the UK. They more or less told me they couldn't be bothered dealing with the technical enquiries they'd get if they made it widely available so were quite happy to have one firm be the sole supplier.

The logic of this - especially with the current need to drastically improve residential energy efficiency, to say nothing of basic commenrcial sense (where else have you ever come across a manufacturer saying their product is too complicated to be able to sell it) completely defies me. With a captive market I can't blame anyone for making the most of the commercial opportunity but I can't help thinking Honeywell has gone and shot itself in both feet on this, and cetainly not done a good service to the UK consumer.

Would love to know what others think!

Peter