• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drawdog
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Dec 2008

HC60NG : Firmware Update ?

A question to Sensible Heat folks, can the firmware within the boiler relay be modified to remove the annoying cycling problem ? The full details are no doubt a secret but increasing the 'deadband' would assist ?

Just wondered, I'd happily pay to have mine updated...
  • SensibleHeatUK
    • Feb 2009

Firmware is only upgradeable in the Hometronic Manager and Manifold Controller, none of the others modules can be updated so if there were any update then you would have to buy a replacement unit when/if the "problem" gets fixed.

With regard to the HC60NG the cycling problem only occurs if your setpoints and actual temperature are close (within 1 degree from memory) so if you review your setpoints and maybe drop them by a degree or two for your "off" periods the you should find the cycling problem stops. I will ask to see if the cycling issue has been reported and whether there is any prospect of the module being updated, if I find anything useful I will post back here.
    Sensible Heat
    SensibleHeat.co.uk

Comment

• drawdog
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Dec 2008

Many thanks, any info would be appreciated.

Is there any other way of (alternative module ?) of switching the boiler on ?

Comment

• SensibleHeatUK
        • Feb 2009

Are you using HR80s? If so then no, the HR80s can only send their heating demand to the Hometronic Manager which in turn collates all the demands and signals to the HC60NG as required to switch it on & off. There are no other modules that can be substituted for this I'm afraid.
        Sensible Heat
        SensibleHeat.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X