• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chris_j_hunter
    Automated Home Legend
    • Dec 2007

Switching taps

looking for something to switch taps with - using foot and/or knee ...

so far, this (foot-switch at the bottom of the page) looks the most interesting / functional / unobtrusive :

anyone seen better, by any chance ?

perhaps going via a DRB or SRH ... 'though either seems overkill for solenoid valves so am looking for smarter options, too !

need to be able to command long & short & flow-rate changes (choosing from a few pre-set rates, not continuous adjustment) - via the switch !

hmmm, not sure we've a way forward on this one, yet !
    Last edited by chris_j_hunter; 10 March 2009, 07:16 PM.
    Our self-build - going further with HA...
  • Gumby
    • May 2004

This reminds me that I've been meaning to ask the Idratek chaps about having a digital input measure and report a pulse duration into a Cortex object that can take decisions on various thresholds.

I'd like to be able to take different actions on long and short button (or other switch) presses. Seems this could be something that might partially address your needs.

Actually, it would probably need the module to do the thresholding, since you need the resulting action to start taking place before a button release to give user feedback. But perhaps Cortex could manage the setting up of the thresholds.
    ----------------------
    www.gumbrell.com

Comment

Working...
    X