X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevin
    • Jan 2004

Where are the active xAP forums ?

This forum is pretty quiet although we still monitor it . Most xAP support and questions are aired in either our user or developer areas on Yahoo Groups. If however you prefer a forum to YG then by all means post here in AH.

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

...or in the case of xAP plugins for other applications/devices, within their specific forums.

HouseBot
    HomeSeer
    MisterHouse
    Charmed Quark Controller
    IDRATEK Cortex
    xAP Floorplan
    xAP Desktop
    Girder
    Premise
    XLobby
    C-Bus
    Barix Barionet
    OPNode

etc...

Our main website address is

K
    Last edited by Kevin; 19 March 2009, 02:19 PM.
  • Otto-Mate
    Founder
    • Jan 2004

Kevin

As it's unused I propose moving these topics into the General Forum and deleting the xAP Forum.

Anything you need before I proceed?

M.
    Editor AutomatedHome.co.uk

www.facebook.com/AutomatedHomeUK
    www.twitter.com/ottomate
    www.instagram.com/automatedhome/

Comment

• Kevin
      • Jan 2004

I had just said it was quiet Mark - I hadn't wanted to delete it though as I know some people do prefer forums so are welcome to use it. I do try and keep my eye on it.

Discussions in other forums here about xAP eg the Idratek and Heating ones are I think generating some xAP searches, based on the number of reads on topics, and so I was trying to direct people to useful information. Also if they had more general xAP questions that were inappropriate to those forums - this seems the obvious place...

I'm not a moderator of this forum but I think it would make a useful sticky...

K

Comment

• Otto-Mate
        Founder
        • Jan 2004

It's not just a xAP thing Kevin. We deleted some other unused forums a few weeks back, I meant to get round to asking the xAP guys before I did this one too, but you've saved me the bother.

I don't think it warrants keeping though. Your post was the first in here in 6 months by the looks of it.

However, if you think there are people that would start using it I can certainly make you a moderator in here - can you help promote it?

Let me know what you think, I'll hold off deleting for another while.

M.

www.twitter.com/ottomate

Comment

• Otto-Mate
          Founder
          • Jan 2004

Bump - Kevin?

www.twitter.com/ottomate

Comment

• Kevin
            • Jan 2004

There are a couple of other forums on here that have xAP content - Idratek and the Heating one... if discussion veered away from the forums primary topic I was thinking it might end up here as the users most likely first search. That's why I was thinking of keeping it as it helped users on this board.

We wouldn't want however to promote it as a general xAP forum from many other places as we already have two lists and over a dozen xAP forums on other device/application specific boards and thats already way too many and hard to keep tabs on, hence we do try and use the original Yahoo lists as the primary general support area. Happy to move people's ongoing issues from those two forums to this though if appropriate.

We have played with our own forum - but not gone live yet - partly because this one existed and partly because the imported Yahoo group content didnt thread quite as well as we had hoped... I personally prefer forums but I know some others do like lists.

If you're in need of the space / or just in the mood for a spring clean then by all means merge this back into general...

K

Comment

• Andrew Millne
              Automated Home Ninja
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
              We wouldn't want however to promote it as a general xAP forum from many other places as we already have two lists and over a dozen xAP forums on other device/application specific boards and thats already way too many and hard to keep tabs on, hence we do try and use the original Yahoo lists as the primary general support area.
              Just to chip in here why not syndicate some of the content using Vbulletin's RSS tools?
              Visit my blog and Follow me on Twitter...

Comment

• Otto-Mate
                Founder
                • Jan 2004

There's no content in this forum to syndicate though, that's the issue

M.

www.twitter.com/ottomate

Comment

Working...
                X