• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brijesh
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Oct 2004

looking for X10 appliation developers

Hi All

I have got 8 AM12 of x10 product, instead of using Active home i want to make a simple application that will enable be to control each of the AM12 from a keystroke in the numeric key pad.

For eg. Numeric key "1" will enable AM12 "1"
    Numeric key "2" will enable AM12 "2" and close all other conections that are open

If anyone can develop this application or anyone else can takeup this project please let me know.

Regards
    brijesh
    behlah_mohd@yahoo.com
  • MarkHarrison
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Feb 2004

Re: looking for X10 appliation developers

Just to confirm the requirement, there are two possible ways to do this:

- The system tracks the state of each, so when you hit "3" it turns 3 ON (if it's off), or OFF (if it's on).

- The system only has one on at a time, so if you hit "5" it turns 5 ON, and turns the others OFF

Which were you after?

It'll be fairly easy for me to put together a xAP application that sends the xAP command. You can then run the xAP X-10 connector to interpret those messages and control the CM12U.

I'll post installation instructions once I've put the code together, since it strikes me as a nice little application to have in any case.

Note to other developers..... I'll just make it straight forward, and configurable, so each numeric key has a fully customisable set of xAP messages associated which it fires off.... to fill the immediate requirement, I'll have a default configuration of A1 ON (A2..... A16 OFF) on button 1, A2 ON (A1 OFF, A3....A16 OFF) to button 2 etc.

Mark

Comment

• brijesh
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Oct 2004

Re: looking for X10 appliation developers

thanks a lot Mark

I WILL BE LOOKING FORWARD FOR UR APPLICATION

THANKS
      BRIJESH

Comment

Working...