• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jcmiguel
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Apr 2008

Cortex and Linux .... revisited

I will not get into the discussion of having cortex ported or virtualised into linux. My cortex is running on a low power XP and seems to be happy and I don't have much time for trials. However, an important part of my plan is to have my media center gathering data from Cortex such as the status of the stratified tank, etc. The alternative here is XP MCE or Vista MC and those are NOT acceptable alternatives. I am running mythtv (linux) and I have Freesat, freeview as well as a flac music media store all running happy there. Question is: How do I get cortex data into mythtv? I have been looking for xAP, xPL and API protocols but guess what.... three letter seaches on forum give me nothing and google gives me junk. Any suggestions?
  • Kevin
    • Jan 2004

Unfortunately I am not aware of any xAP conduit to Myth TV. In MCE there is a conduit but only really for the purposes of displaying pop up messages on your screen.

K

Comment

• jcmiguel
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
      Unfortunately I am not aware of any xAP conduit to Myth TV. In MCE there is a conduit but only really for the purposes of displaying pop up messages on your screen.

K
      You actually helped a lot!! I searched your comments and came up with a mythtv function that may solve the problem: display_mythosd . I am digging into it right now

Comment

Working...
      X