• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sleeves
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Apr 2009

Cannot enroll new PIR with PowerMax cp

I have a Visonic PowerMax alarm system which I want to extend to include new PIRs. I've bought some Visonic PowerCode™ Wireless Digital Next 12m PIR Detectors (868) however when I try to enroll them with the control panel it does not detect the new PIRs. I am following the instructions about pressing the two tamper switches to send a signal.

I suspect it is something to do with the 868 frequency - anyone know how to see what frequency my control panel and the rest of the system is operating at?

It looks like the claim "Compatible with PowerMax™ and all Visonic PowerCode™ wireless panels and receivers" should have a disclaimer about frequency.

Thanks for any help.
  • Mr_Orange
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Mar 2008

The older Powermax control panel operated at 433MHz. The newer Powermax+ and Powermax Pro panels operate at 868MHz. You'll need to swap your PIR for a 433MHz version.

Comment

• toscal
      • Oct 2005

And in some countries the Powermax Plus is available in both frequencies and in others only in 433MHz. The Pro is only available in 868 MHz.
      IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
      Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• Sleeves
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Apr 2009

Thanks everyone. The frequency is the problem. Visonic have been helpful and told me how to find out:

Check one of the existing PIRs look on the pcb for a RFT number.

RFT-3 433 MHz
        RFT-4 868 MHz
        RFT-5 869 MHz

So I've now just got to try and get my money back and find someone selling the 433 ones.

Comment

• toscal
          • Oct 2005

Let me know if you are having difficulty in obtaining the PIR as here in Spain the powermax and the plus come in both flavours, and my supplier normally has a stock of PIR's in both frequencies. Do you want the pet friendly or non-pet friendly version.
          Last edited by toscal; 20 April 2009, 07:36 PM.
          Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• Sleeves
            Automated Home Lurker
            • Apr 2009

Thanks. It would be good to get alternative pricing. The 433 versions are few and far between. Ideally I want non-pet friendly ones, but I will go for the pet friendly ones if I have to.

Comment

• toscal
              • Oct 2005

Just sent you a PM. Forgot to say this is for the newer Next series type and not the older Discovery type. More info from the Visonic web site http://www.visonic.com/visonichomepa...0?OpenDocument
              Last edited by toscal; 29 April 2009, 03:11 PM.
              Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
              X