• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Solosid
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Apr 2009

Girder/Netremote Integration

Hi All, New here....

I use Girder5 & NR2 for my 2 19" Elo touchscreens to run my Whole House Audio.

I am drawing up plans for a new build and want to use Idratek throughout the whole house which will consist of...
    Garage, Gym, Cinema, Den, Kitchen, Dining, Living, Utility, Study, Master/Dressing/Ensuite, Bed2/Ensuite, Bed3, Bed4, Bathroom, Gardens

Question 1 is... Has anybody had any experience with IRDATEK and G5/NR2?

Question 2... Does Girder pick up incoming and outgoing in the Logger/Console?

Question 3... Has anybody created an 'event' in NRD and controlled IDRATEK through NR2?

I will create new Threads for different questions so any future searches should be easier

Cheers

Mark
  • chris_j_hunter
    Automated Home Legend
    • Dec 2007

Mark -

noticed no reply yet, hmmm ... not heard of either more than in passing ! As a thought, though, audio-wise, some people here do link with Sling & Slim/Squeeze - eg:

interesting because soon will link with iPhone, too ...

and :

Discover the innovative world of Logitech and shop everything MX, Keyboards, Mice, Webcams, Headsets, Software, Video Conferencing, and more

we've tried neither, but will be using some Idratek facilities (hardware & software) to link with our audio equipment - when it gets to the top of our list !

this might also be of interest :

Chris
    Last edited by chris_j_hunter; 23 April 2009, 06:40 PM.
    Our self-build - going further with HA...

Comment

• Solosid
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Apr 2009

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the thoughts.

However my setup at present is a whole house audio with 6 zones running JRMC13/G5/NR2 though a delta1010 to dedicated amps and a matrix to ceiling speakers in all rooms, all housed in a 26up cabinet, accessed by elo 19" touchscreens and nokia 770's.

I have spent (what my wife consider to be) a fortune going this way and want to incorporate it all into the new build with Idratek as the automation side of things controlled by NR2

I know Rob from the Girder forums is planning an install, but it has been 'paused' due to the kitchen not being finished (sore point)

I was just hoping somebody out there had already got Girder talking to Idratek
      to give me confidence to tell the architect of my plans

hopefully someone will pass and comment

cheers anyway

Mark

Comment

• Karam
        Automated Home Legend
        • Mar 2005

I don't really know much about Girder, but I think there may be a xAP interface which could then possibly tie into the Cortex xAP interface. Another route might be via the Cortex API but that will require you or someone to write code.

Karam

Comment

• Kevin
          • Jan 2004

Yes there is xAP support within Girder but I haven't played with it. Girder is one of those applications that people seem to either love or hate and it has a steep learning curve. I know it is very powerful and well regarded by those that do master it however. I just never made it over the curve...

I really should investigate some more and I'm guessing the xAP interface is rather untested as I haven't seen many people using it ..but worth a try ? The xAP support within Cortex is very well implemented.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
          X