• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gunbidave
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Apr 2009

Potterton Puma 80e 'lockout' problem?

Hi everyone, first-time poster.
    I've had a quick search on the forum, and I can't find a solution to my problem.
    I have a Potterton Puma 80e boiler (I think that's what it is - only moved into my first house 6 weeks ago!) and the 'lockout' light is now lit up.
    It was fine yesterday and the light goes off when the 'reset' button is pressed, but the boiler makes an awful noise after about 15 seconds and I have no hot water or central heating.
    Previous threads seem to blame dripping taps, and mine aren't dripping. As a first-time buyer, I've had no experience of boilers and don't really want to start taking it apart.
    Can anyone give me me any advice/help/tips?
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

What is the pressure gauge reading it should be about 1 to 2.5bar. This is the water pressure in the heating system. It maybe if this is not correct that the boiler goes into this lockout mode. But I would expect you to get hot water. Unless the lockout is a complete over-ride of the system.
    I think the Puma 80e has a fan assisted flue thingy. So if the fan is not working there maybe a build up of exhaust gasses and this trips the lockout light. So check to see if the fan is running.
    Have you tried turning the heating off completely, and seeing if you get hot water. If you do and the water pressure is ok then it could be a faulty pressure switch. If the water pressure is not OK then a quick top up maybe needed.
    Also have a look here http://www.partsarena.com/baxi/Syste...8/I04-2248.htm this is the install manual for the boiler.
    Last edited by toscal; 25 April 2009, 05:06 PM.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
    X