• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tizwaz
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Aug 2007

SC28X Security Controller

Hello, is anyone using one of these? (SC28X Security Controller) I'm thinking about getting one and would appreciate some guidance.

Keen to know if it's easy to install, reliable, does the X10 bit work well etc..

Thanks Chris
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Very easy to install. The X10 bit works quite well. We install them as basic home automation controllers. The security side is OK but its a bit of a pain to change batteries as the sensor will quite often need re-assigning. But we normally recommend using Energiser lithium batteries. May cost more but last 2 to 3 times longer.
    Would you like me to email the manual to see if its what you want. Just PM me and I will email it to you.
    We have a couple of kits in stock which we are selling at a reduced rate (these will come with a few more extras than the normal kits) if you are interested.
    You can also get water leak, carbon monoxide and smoke detectors for it as well.
    Last edited by toscal; 4 May 2009, 10:30 PM.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• tizwaz
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Aug 2007

Hi Toscal, thanks for getting back. I've actually found the instructions on line. So, just to get this clear in my head the controller also acts like a TM13U and will convert signal from my KR22?

Will that not interfere with my actual TM13U?

C.

Comment

• toscal
        • Oct 2005

OOh thats a question and a half. In theory yes. The TM13 is fitted with collision detection so as I said in theory it should work.
        We have had a couple of installs using an SC28x and a TM13 without any problems.
        Last edited by toscal; 5 May 2009, 07:33 PM.
        IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
        Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
        X