• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mcockerell
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Jan 2009

Security system recommendation

Hi,

I am reviewing the choice of security system to shortly be installed in our new house. About a year ago, before we started the build, I was intending to use an Infinite Prime, possibly with a GSM module, as we were looking for a reliable system that could be connected to an audio monitoring service.

It turns out that GSM coverage in the house is very patchy (a combination of well-insulated walls and foil-backed plasterboard don't help!), so if we go with the original plan we will be primarily using the landline for connectivity - I may be able to improve the GSM coverage later.

It has been suggested to me that I should now be looking at a broadband system instead, so that we have the option of integrated CCTV even if we don't need/want it immediately (I definitely don't want Home Automation as I have this covered already). The Visonic Powermax Pro has been mentioned.

So my question is: Should I stick with the Infinite Prime (or the newer iConnect) or look at the Visonic range instead? Or even something else?

Given that I haven't needed to install a security system for over 10 years I would appreciate any suggestions or advice that you care to offer.

Many thanks,
    Martin
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

The Visonic Powermax Pro looks quite good on paper. haven't see one in the flesh yet. But it does have various options for internal modules such as GSM and boradband. The internet module (or broadband module depending on the country you live in) can be configured so that upto 4 IP cameras can be displayed on the web page.
    If I was to choose either a powermax plus or Pro I would possible choose the Pro. It looks nicer than the Plus.
    Having installed a few Plus models I found the manuals can be quite cryptic at times and often requires a few re-reads.

Can't comment on the others
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
    X