Thread: SC9000 House Alarm

Automated Home Lurker

Default SC9000 House Alarm

HI

I have a SC9000 house alarm which is working fine but I have a few questions regarding its functionality. When the alarm is activated and you enter the house no sound is made like with other
    devices you receive a audiable notifcation to turn it off. Mine just stays silent.
    Secondly when araming via the pad I have to close the door which is Zone1 else the device will not set and just beep is this right.

thanks in advance

Automated Home Jr Member

Did you set the chimes to on? I haven't used that feature for a while but you get a 'ding dong' when somebody opens a door. Not too sure if it works when the alarm is turned on though.
    Getting an error sound ifthe circuit is broken when setting the alarm is correct.

Automated Home Lurker

Default SC9000 Alarm

Yes I have enabled the charmes but still get no audible notification when entering the home

Automated Home Sr Member jaffab's Avatar

There is a different setting for the chimes (nice double beep when a door or window is opened) and the internal alarm which sounds. Look under settings and there is a setting on whether the alarm should sound or be silent (quiet dial out), which I say is different from the choime setting.

I assume the alarm is working - i.e, lights flash when the alarm goes off and it dials out.

Automated Home Lurker

Default SC9000 Alarm

That part is all fine is just entering the house and have a audible bleeping sound which tells you the alarm is on and then goes off when you enter your code or key button