• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tailor
    Automated Home Lurker
    • May 2009

SC9000 House Alarm

HI

I have a SC9000 house alarm which is working fine but I have a few questions regarding its functionality. When the alarm is activated and you enter the house no sound is made like with other
    devices you receive a audiable notifcation to turn it off. Mine just stays silent.
    Secondly when araming via the pad I have to close the door which is Zone1 else the device will not set and just beep is this right.

thanks in advance
  • pgiblin
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jan 2007

Did you set the chimes to on? I haven't used that feature for a while but you get a 'ding dong' when somebody opens a door. Not too sure if it works when the alarm is turned on though.
    Getting an error sound ifthe circuit is broken when setting the alarm is correct.

Comment

• Tailor
      Automated Home Lurker
      • May 2009

SC9000 Alarm

Yes I have enabled the charmes but still get no audible notification when entering the home

Comment

• jaffab
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Dec 2008

There is a different setting for the chimes (nice double beep when a door or window is opened) and the internal alarm which sounds. Look under settings and there is a setting on whether the alarm should sound or be silent (quiet dial out), which I say is different from the choime setting.

I assume the alarm is working - i.e, lights flash when the alarm goes off and it dials out.
        __________________________________________________ _______________________
        My life is Home Automation, and my PS3 clan friends at http://www.ps3crowd.com

Comment

• Tailor
          Automated Home Lurker
          • May 2009

SC9000 Alarm

That part is all fine is just entering the house and have a audible bleeping sound which tells you the alarm is on and then goes off when you enter your code or key button

Comment

Working...
          X