• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nad
    Automated Home Guru
    • Jul 2008

Texecom Outputs into Idranet

For you guys out there runing Texecom alarm system, how are you getting the outputs from the pannel/expander/key pads into idranet? I'm assuming you are firing rellays from the alarm to make the contacts for the 0v inputs on the modules (QRIs and QLDs)?

I have PIRs in every room aready and will be adding Idratek PIRs in too so each room gets double covered.

Just wondering what you guys are doing before i go and build an array of 48 relays

Thanks.
    Nad
  • John Winter
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Dec 2007

Hi Nad,

I have a premier 48 and have built a small relay repeater (reed relays from Maplins) to interface the digicom outputs to an octal reciever - I tried just sinking the inputs directly with the digicom -ve lines, but ended up running into issues, hence prompting me to build the relay module.

If you need any more pointers, give me a shout

John
    --------------------------

www.nodeone.blogspot.com

Comment

• Nad
      Automated Home Guru
      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by John Winter View Post
      Hi Nad,

I have a premier 48 and have built a small relay repeater (reed relays from Maplins) to interface the digicom outputs to an octal reciever - I tried just sinking the inputs directly with the digicom -ve lines, but ended up running into issues, hence prompting me to build the relay module.

If you need any more pointers, give me a shout

John
      Hi John,

Thanks for the reply. I tried to directly interface with the inputs on a QRI but didn't get very far so have gone down the relay repeater route which works perfectly. I never really gave any thougt to reed relays (probably because i didn't know about them ) but they seem perfect for silent operation and they are available in a very small package.

Thanks again.
      Nad

Comment

• drod
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Nov 2008

Hi All,

I'm looking to run a seperate alarm system from Idratek in a similar vein to this thread. I've looked at the Texecom alarm and it appears to be fine for what I need and appears to be a "tried and tested" config.

I wondered if anyone could expand in a little more detail what's actually needed to interface between the two systems.

Is it that the just coupling the outputs up doesn't work at all, or does it depend on how you configure the alarm?

I'm trying to work out how much work it is to actually interface the two devices - is it a big job or smply a matter of soldering a few wires together?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks - Dave

Comment

• Nad
          Automated Home Guru
          • Jul 2008

Hi Dave,

I made up a small circuit board with a bunch of reed relays, so when the Texecom triggers one of the outputs the reed relay is then energised. I much prefer the reed relays, completely silent operation and i think they have a longer life expectancy too.

The energised relay then closes the contact from the Idranet input connection and the idranet 0v which triggers the idranet input.

Be sure to put a diode across the relay coil to suppress the kickback from it.

I hope that's of some help.

Thanks.

Comment

• drod
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Nov 2008

Hi Nad,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm not into electronics, but get the idea of what you've described. I'll have a look at this - I think if I take a trip to Maplins they'll be able to point me in the right direction for which of their components to get.

Cheers - Dave

Comment

• Karam
              Automated Home Legend
              • Mar 2005

If someone has the technical manual for this alarm or already knows something about the characteristics of the outputs we might be able to advise further.

Comment

• Nad
                Automated Home Guru
                • Jul 2008

Karam,

I'll drop you an email

Thanks,
                Nad

Comment

Working...
                X