• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tizwaz
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Aug 2007

Wiring Advice Please?

Hi all, we're due to move house soon and I've been playing around a bit with Harmony 2007 and a few LM12's & AM12's in readiness to go the whole hog with X10 in the new place.

I'm looking to use LD11's & AD10's in custom consumer units etc. So my question is, if you feed a bunch of LD11's from the lighting circuit MCB in the main consumer unit, and my CM12 is plugged into the ringmain which is fed via it's own MCB in the main consumer unit, will the X10 signal get through both MCB's?

If not, is there a better way of wiring them?

Thanks Chris.
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Yes. But we have come across some reliability issues with the LD and AD units.
    There are other alternatives but not as cheap.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• tizwaz
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Aug 2007

Hi, such as....? and don't say CBus... I'm not that rich!

Comment

• toscal
        • Oct 2005

No I mean X10 solutions.
        We do a special din rail adapter for micro modules. The modules just click into the adapter and that's it. And depending on the micro module you can also get 2 way coms so you will know the status. not that important if you are only using a CM11. But if you upgrade to a PC based solution or end up using a CM15 then it is quite useful.
        Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• tizwaz
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • Aug 2007

ooo...that sounds interesting.. got a link? As also I'm starting to save up for a homevision.. (might be a while!!)

Comment

• toscal
            • Oct 2005

I love my homevision unit its excellent. But you will also need an XM10 X10 interface for it rather than the CM11 or 12.
            We don't have anything on our website at the moment, but here is a post I did a while back which shows a few pictures. The price is now lower. So if you want more details just send me a PM.
            Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
            X