• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bionic-bean
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Oct 2004

Does X10 work with Mains Inverters ??

Hi all, Please excuse me but have just join this group, so still finding my way around.

Q:- I have whole house X10, with every light on X10 and every door has inputs .ect.ect. But I am installing various 220v inverters to run from my battery banks and wind turbine.

Has anybody managed to sweeze X10 data down an inverters bottom ( 8O ). I expect an modified sinwave inverter would start blowing my x10 modules up as the line regulation is not good enough but what about pure sinwave inverter ??

Anyhelp much appreciated.
    Cheers
    Dave
  • leev
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Oct 2004

Re: Does X10 work with Mains Inverters ??

Well it's kit, but I don't see that an inverter and X10 will (at best) work, at worst I can see your X10 kit going up in smoke - it's not exactly what you'd call the most robust of equipement...

What are you using the battery power for? Inverters are pretty poor from an efficiency point of view. If it's mainly for lighting you may be better off using something like LED lighting - not cheap (but then neither are big inverters) but very efficient...

Comment

• Bionic-bean
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Oct 2004

Re: Does X10 work with Mains Inverters ??

Hi Leeve
      I have had Many X10 module,relays ect ( some 47 module ) controlling mostly my lights some mains items such as garage doors, automated gates and so on. Have work well for many years and always adding to the system. But I have 20 large deep discharge batts being put in in order to help with the running costs. 2 small wind turbins already working well and soon a couple of solar panels.

I would like to keep the X10 stuff because it works very well in my HA setup but need a bullet proof way of running this lot of X10 via my battery banks. I have 2x 1500w Modified inverters which I will use just for the lighting.but I think i will have to have a split mains circuit, with the X10 switchinf comsumer mains and then so form of relay bank to switch the Inverted mains to the lights. Oh, how Things are starting to get complicated..... 8O ......

Comment

Working...
      X