• Show
Clear All
  • Nad
    Automated Home Guru
    • Jul 2008

Problem with presance

Hi all,

A bit of background info 1st ...

At the moment I'm using my alarm PIR sensors to trigger the outputs on the QRIs (got more sensors going into the rooms soon so just an interim step). The QRI is in th understairs cupboad which is in the downstairs hallway. So in cortex I have it as a room in a room.

The problem I have is that when a PIR is triggered it shows the understairs cupboard as having someone in it and not in the room it self.

So I was wondering if anyone else coma across this problem and is there something I'm not doing to cause this?

Thanks.
    Nad
  • Viv
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Dec 2004

It suggests the output (in Cortex connections) of the PIR is being feed to the understairs cupboard rather than the hallway. Visit the PIR connections.

Viv

Comment

• Nad
      Automated Home Guru
      • Jul 2008

I'm sorry Viv, but I'm not entierly sure on what you mean

My plan is to have the alarm PIRs connected to the Idranet via ODIs so each room essentially gets double covered with regards to HA.

Thanks,
      Nad

Comment

• Gumby
        • May 2004

In Cortex select hallway connections and check that the PIRs are listed in the bottom-lefthand box. You probably want to delete them from the understairs cupboard connections too if they are there.

Cortex tries to be helpful by creating connections between objects it believes are related according to their position in the tree structure and particularly with regard to rooms. Sometimes this does the wrong thing and you also have to be careful if you drag and drop in the structure pane.

When you added the PIR objects onto your QRI inputs Cortex probably inferred that the PIRs are in the same place as the QRI and hence connected them as understairs cupboard sensors rather than hallway sensors.
        ----------------------
        www.gumbrell.com

Comment

• JonS
          Automated Home Guru
          • Dec 2007

I fell into this trap and decided that I would place the multi channel DIN rail devices in the rooms where most of the outputs were logically rather than where the device was physically. Saves some of the configuration for no loss. For outputs/inputs in other rooms, adjust as David/Viv suggest.
          2p
          JonS

Comment

Working...
          X