• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jasman2002
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Mar 2009

Lamp Module Staying on

Hey Guys,

I would just like to say that this is an amazing site, ideal for home automation beginners like myself.

I am recently bought a X10 Lamp module and CM15. The timings and light worked fine, however one day I found that the lamp would not switch off. All that happens is the bulb dims to about 30% and thats it.

I have tried switching via the button on the module and via the software. when I swicth it on it brighted to full capacity or what ever I want, however it doesnt switch off.

This is the only X10 peice of kit I have bought would like to expand my home automation needs but needs to be more reliable and stable if im looking to roll it out across my house.

Can you guys help?

Jasman
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Welcome.
    Have you tried the module in another socket. Also what type of module is it. Model number etc.
    If it works ok in another socket then you may want to see what is plugged in nearby that maybe causing interference.
    It might be a faulty unit.
    If you want to expand your X10 system then you will need a whole house x10 filter. This helps get rid of many problems.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• jasman2002
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Mar 2009

I have tried the module in a different socket on the other side of the house
      The module is 2026UK (Domia)
      I think it may be a fault with the module its just that it started all of a sudden.
      I will expand my home automation needs but will probably look at something a bit more reliable. I am await plans to be approved before I post a thread.

I just thought X10 would be a bit more reliable, I have only bought one module and its turned out faulty? I have ordered some more. I will see how they will work out for me

The other option is wait until I start ripping up floor boards

Comment

• toscal
        • Oct 2005

I always recommend Xanura modules very reliable but a little on the expensive side. They are very similar to the Marmitek micromodules but have slightly different firmware.
        We also have a range of mini modules, (slightly thicker than a micro module) which so far have proven to be fairly reliable.
        Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• jasman2002
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Mar 2009

I have bought some more modules, if it is a problem with noise will I get the same in these units.

That way I can find out if it is a faulty product.

Comment

• toscal
            • Oct 2005

Hmm maybe. If more than one module is behaving in a similar way then its possibly not the module. Some house codes are to be avoided especially M and P these can prove problematically.
            IF you have an odd behaving / faulty module then I would try changing the unit code and see if that works. If it now works properly then it may be a noise issue. But If it doesn't then trying a different location is always a good bet like I suggested earlier.
            And of course a whole house filter is a must.
            Induction hobs are known to be X10 killers, and you would need to fit an extra filter to this if you have one. Most normal electric hobs seem ok.
            Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
            X