Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: X10 all house filter

Have you tried manually triggering the Hawk eyes. Just lift the battery lid off and use the buttons inside. If this doesn't work then try moving it closer to the panel. Also try turning the light on directly from the panel.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaffab View Post
    the house code is A (remember I have an all house filter so not worried about other X10 on the same house code, so main lights are A1 and A2 (as far as the Sc9000 is concerned for alarm lights)), so I could change the house/unit code on one of the units to B14 and B15 on a sample unit and will try it.
    What I meant was that the alarm panel as I explained uses certain X10 codes for other things, not just A1 and A2. But the codes you are using should be OK.
    Last edited by toscal; 11th August 2009 at 04:12 PM.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    www.casatech.eu Renovation Spain Blog

Automated Home Sr Member jaffab's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by toscal View Post
    Have you tried manually triggering the Hawk eyes. Just lift the battery lid off and use the buttons inside. If this doesn't work then try moving it closer to the panel. Also try turning the light on directly from the panel.

What I meant was that the alarm panel as I explained uses certain X10 codes for other things, not just A1 and A2. But the codes you are using should be OK.
    Yep, manual trigging done (via movement and light), with one of the sensors moved to within 10 feet of the Sc9000 - some get through and trigger the X10 signals, some (the majority) dont. I have emailed Martech (or whatever they are called) with the same information - no response as yet. If I dont hear anything back in a week, I will get it replaced via UK Automation as faulty.

*Updated*

Tonight, changeed a device to a "C" house code, stood 1 foot from the SC9000 and played the 'putting the MS13 sensor in and out of a bag' game - no difference, not a single X10 code received. As the sc9000 is sending x10 out (for B1 alarm set status, A1 & a2 lights on and off codes), it looks to me that the Radio receiver is dodgy in the unit.
    Last edited by jaffab; 11th August 2009 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Updated
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    My life is Home Automation, and my PS3 clan friends at http://www.ps3crowd.com

If you open the MS13E you will find 2 switches, the same ones that are used to program the unit. Have you tried switching the light on and off with these. As the House button will switch the light on and the Unit button will switch the light off.
    Also what mode do you have it in. From memory I think you can have it so the sensor only works at night or all the time. Sometimes I have found that if its on night only any stray light can stop it from working. Or if you have more than one close to each other, then when one is triggered the other won't because it now thinks its daytime.
    Height is quite important with them and how they are triggered. Its always better to place them so you walk across the beam rather than into the beam.

If you open the MS13E you will find 2 switches, the same ones that are used to program the unit. Have you tried switching the light on and off with these. As the House button will switch the light on and the Unit button will switch the light off.
    Also what mode do you have it in. From memory I think you can have it so the sensor only works at night or all the time. Sometimes I have found that if its on night only any stray light can stop it from working. Or if you have more than one close to each other, then when one is triggered the other won't because it now thinks its daytime.
    Height is quite important with them and how they are triggered. Its always better to place them so you walk across the beam rather than into the beam.
    Yep, tried the manual switching. Its set to sensor working both night and day. Tried in and out of dark bag (for light testing) and in front and behind it for movement testing - it was on a chair, 2 foot from the SC9000. Its not the sensors - they were flashing to say signal being sent.

The range on the ms13s is normally very good.
    And I guess if the PC isn't picking up the x10 signals sent via the sensors, Then it looks like the SC9000.
    Good luck.

The range on the ms13s is normally very good.
    And I guess if the PC isn't picking up the x10 signals sent via the sensors, Then it looks like the SC9000.
    Good luck.
    Doh. It was the batteries in the MS13's - replaced them and its back to life. Why didnt I check the batteries first you ask, well becuase I only replaced them all with high energy Durecell a month ago.

I have found the Energizer Ultimates or lithiums are the best to fit and give at least 14 to 18 months of usage.