• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jon00
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Jan 2004

Digital Home magazine

I used to subscribe to the magazine 'Home entertainment' which has now folded. As I had a few months subscription left, the publishers have been sending me 'Digital Home' ( www.digitalhomemag.com ) and another Hi-fi mag as a replacement.

Not sure if it has been discussed but it has some good articles on Home automation and 'toys' for the automated homes some way above my budget!

Although more Home cinema related, one thing I found novel is the Odyssee Motion Simulator. It consists of 4 actuators which are mounted under the sofa legs for movement when playing specially encoded DVD movies. At £16K its not for me but automating your sofa is quite cool!

Not having looked on the shelves of WHSmith lately, what other HA magazines are available in the UK?

Jon
    Jon

www.jon00.me.uk
  • Dean_Roddey
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jan 2004

Re: Digital Home magazine

You can probably get the same effect with a $10 bottle of alchohol :-)
    Dean Roddey
    droddey@charmedquark.com
    The Charmed Quark Controller

Comment

• b2
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Mar 2004

Re: Digital Home magazine

Originally posted by jon00
      having looked on the shelves of WHSmith lately, what other HA magazines are available in the UK?
      I read the usual suspects :

T3 (www.t3.co.uk)
      Stuff (www.stuffmagazine.co.uk)

^Mostly cool gadgets . . but still an interesting read

Digital Home (www.digitalhomemag.com)
      International SmartHouse (www.smart-house.net)

^Both great, quite specific. ISH has some designer fittings (like showers and taps too) and DH has quite alot of guides / case studies.

Grand Designs (www.granddesignsmagazine.com)
      Not really home automation, but sometimes there are "wired" houses in it, it follows the Ch4 programme and is great for selfbuilders.

As you can see, i kinda like magazines! (i dont like books!!! :lol: :lol

Ben

Comment

Working...
      X