Thread: Infinite Prime/Marmitek ProGuard 800 Alarm

Automated Home Lurker

Default Infinite Prime/Marmitek ProGuard 800 Alarm

Hi all,

I am looking at buying the Infinite Prime with the built in GSM module to save phone wires being cut . Actually whilst on that subject does anyone have any recommendations for conduit that I can fit over the BT cable that runs up an external lane-facing wall?

However I would like to have the current LCD status/previous messages sent to my Linux PC (webpage) and I wonder if anyone has the USB or serial connection working? I think you can dial into the unit and do remote installation by default so there must be a way to connect without these devices?

Also I've seen the i-connect device but there is very little information on it... any clues? More @ http://www.lockedupltd.com/tradeinstaller.php?id=84

Thanks and best regards
    Ian

Drainpipe works quite well. plus it won't look like you are trying to hide a phone line.
    Also don't mount the panel where it can been seen from outside or too close to an external wall. It is possible that a determined burglar may use a GSM jammer, (these are readily available) but do have a limited range, hence the above suggestion. Also I would connect the landline as well, as a backup. Nothing more annoying than to find out after its too late that the pay a you go sim card has expired. Happened to a client of mine.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    www.casatech.eu Renovation Spain Blog

Automated Home Lurker

Default Thank you

Thanks very much.