Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Experts Advice request: Home Security with Automation

Automated Home Jr Member

Thanks for all the replies - I have ordered the ESP Infinite Prime system and it should be here on Thursday. Fingers crossed.

Any issues, I will be back here!

Thanks for everyone helping!

Thanks,

Creagan

Automated Home Lurker

Default Home Automation / Security

Guys, i had the same problems, I wanted a system that did so much to a certain standard that it did not exist. my solution was to write the software myself....

Have the first bit, (The security) up and running at home now, and appears very stable. Has support for motion sensors, smoke detectors, C02 sensors & panic buttons (all of which are now working), and also flood and frost sensors.

The home automation part is taking shape also, but a bit to go before it is bug free.

Also working on it having an answer machine, CCTV camera, dusk sensor and anything else that come to mind. I have some pictures if anyone is interested in looking, and passing comment.....!

Andrew

Automated Home Jr Member

This sounds very interesting! Just what I'm after. Will PM U my address

Automated Home Lurker

Default User experience

Hi,

I am using X10 home control and the Proguard system.
    In combination with the CM15pro, it is handling my needs:
    - professional alarm system, inclusing battery monitoring, anti-jamming etc.
    - good range of the wireless sensors
    - good support for x10 commands. In combination with the CM15pro and the Activehomepro software, I have setup several scenes for lived-in look.

For me, the X10 protocol is reliable enough and much cheaper and easier to install then other protocols.

But it's depening what you wanna do. If you need state of the art, 100% reliable home automation, I would go for another system.

But to operate your lights with remote control and at the same time, use it for lived-in look, it is a great system.

Automated Home Jr Member

Default Feedback...

Just to let everyone know that my alarm system is working as expected - very reliable, and HA works a treat. Only thing that I would say, is that there is no web interface for the alarm system, or any way to access it via the net to set/unset HA devices - I went the CM15Pro route with .Net programming and a ASP web interface to the web. Alarm side of things I went through the GSM module route which I can txt my home and set/unset the alarm as needed (And HA devices)