Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Running conduit under concrete floors

Automated Home Sr Member MrFluffy's Avatar

You know, this is where metal railing with lots of insulation for the walls is a godsend
    I laid in my ufh floor recently, and put *no* cabling underneath it except for two large conduits which go off to the outbuildings carrying data and power services. These were all precabled long before the concrete was poured as I can never get conduit to pass cabling afterwards without considerable pain.
    Ive already changed my mind about the data layout about five times since the floor went down, and being able to change it because its in the walls without risking damaging the slab is a definite advantage.

There is only one place I regret not putting cable in the slab, and that is for the coffee table in the projector room. Because Ive just bought a ex pub glass topped "****tail" cabinet galaxian arcade game and have to run a cable bumper carrying power out to it...

Similar thing happened to a client of mine, but I took some photos of the under floor heating pipes as they where going in for future reference for us. And from this he was able to locate a decent sized gap to place a floor mounted socket for their reading lamps.
    So take decent photos of the tubing layout.

Seems the auto censor is a tad aggressive would have thought that ****tail was ok.
    Last edited by toscal; 11th September 2009 at 06:39 PM.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    www.casatech.eu Renovation Spain Blog

we did exactly that, but as I was running round like a headless chicken the morning of the big concrete delivery getting the last bits finished, I appointed someone else camera person and informed them to take loads of pictures from lots of angles of the whole downstairs.
    Five pictures was the result, two of which had people in the shots waving to the camera and obscuring the floor. I was thinking more like 40 or 50...

Option b is to rig up a infra red camera, and bring the floor up to temp, apparently you can see the loops in the floor fairly easily that way and be certain your not going to cut into them...

Could always have a c0cktail cabinet arcade game

Oh well. Best laid plans and all that. Are you going to hack your c*cktail cabinet to run MAME as well. Or leave it all original like.

Quote Originally Posted by toscal View Post
    Oh well. Best laid plans and all that. Are you going to hack your c*cktail cabinet to run MAME as well. Or leave it all original like.
    going a bit O/T for the idratek stuff but one of them is staying with jamma innards and currently working with a selection of four different pcbs but maybe a xxx-in-one jamma board is in its near future, a second is japanese but pre jamma and missing half its pcb's so beyond economic restoration so jurys out on that one, and a empty standup jeutel arcade cabinet was also donated by the seller which IS being mame'd/mythtv'd into a media jukebox and web browser/intranet interfaced for sure...
    I like to tinker with me toys...

I am now deeply jealous.