• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul_B
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2006

Afternoon all,

Resurrecting an old thread as it relates to what I am trying to determine. I have recently replaced an old non-condensing boiler with a wonderful Viessmann model with weather compensation. This was stage 1 of my plan and to some extent I now realise I may have installed a very capable boiler only to stopiing using some of its features in subsequent stages, but on the plus I know if things don't work out I have a good foundation.

Stage two is happening now and this sees the use of a 750L thermal store for providing flexibility in heating our home as future stages see the introduction of solar thermal, solar PV and wood burning stove with back boiler. The store has 100mm of insulation so expected heat loss is 0.5 degrees over 24 hours. I am also moving from a vented to unvented system. My plumber friend is currently going bald trying to make this work and still use as much boiler functionality whilst taking into consideration that solar is not available today only in the future.

Stage three is the distribution side of space heating and DHW. Again plans are afoot to move from radiator based system to UFH, one room has been completed but not commissioned. I'm therefore thinking about a UFH manifold and whilst researching came across the Emmeti M3Vwhich can combine hot and warm water distribution to centrally control radiators and UFH. The manifolds have electro-thermal heads so ideal to control via Idratek. I may also consider the addition of energy monitoring in the form of direct read meters with pulse output (1 pulse = 10l). But before I go and order it I was interested in what others have done and any considerations?

Paul

Comment

Working...
    X