How to obtaining average light/tmp values for a room using multiple sensors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nad
    Automated Home Guru
    • Jul 2008

How to obtaining average light/tmp values for a room using multiple sensors?

Good morning all.

I've got a PLT (ceiling mounted) in our bedroom and am thinking about puttng a DFPH02 (wall mounted) in there too. Which got me thinking (along with a few other theads i have read on here) about is it possible to use the average reading of two or more sensors and if so how do you do it?

I'm not sure if i've made my self clear on this but I'll try and explain a bit more. At the moment I use the light level from the PLT to say if I need to have the ligt on or not and the same for the temp reading for heating. So if you have two (or more) sensors, is it possible to gain an average value for light and temp and use that value to assess lighting and heating requirements?

As always, any thoughts are most welcome.

Thanks,
    Nad
  • Viv
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Nad View Post
    Good morning all.

...is it possible to use the average reading of two or more sensors and if so how do you do it?

Nad
    The Cortex HVAC object allows you to specify more than one temperature sensor object for it to use to represent the rooms temperature. In the HVAC behaviour menu you can choose for it to average all the sensors or take the lowest or highest reading as the current room temperature.

Their is no averaging facility for light level.

Viv.

Comment

Working...
    X