• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul_B
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2006

Cortex update?

Anyone else wondering whether a new version of Cortex is due for release? The current one has been out for some time and the regular cycle of minor updates has stopped.

Should we speculate on what maybe in the pipeline? The forum has been quite quiet recently.
  • Gumby
    • May 2004

Perhaps there should be a release and update tracker a bit like the one for Apple to help guess when new Macs are coming out.
    ----------------------
    www.gumbrell.com

Comment

• chris_j_hunter
      Automated Home Legend
      • Dec 2007

speculating (or it may be wishing) ...

easy one first - obviously, bug-fixes & support for the new modules we've heard are on their way ...

then, maybe more on the user-coding / API front, maybe - perhaps of the sort that would allow tie-in with RFID readers (Violet & the other consumer one, who's name escapes me - ah, 'remember now, it's Touchatag) ... ?

and, how about an iPhone iPod Touch App - those devices work with both Mac & Windows, so shouldn't be impossible ... and, longer term, it could provide a route for Idratek to get into whole-house AV & multimedia !!

Chris
      Last edited by chris_j_hunter; 1 October 2009, 03:41 PM. Reason: Touchatag
      Our self-build - going further with HA...

Comment

• Paul_B
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jul 2006

I agree with the iPhone / iPod Touch interface would be a great addition to the kit and is top of my wish list.

I'd like the Cortex engine decoupled from the GUI, the engine could then run as a service rather than requiring interactive logon. The GUI could be run from any PC

Comment

Working...
        X