• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chris_j_hunter
    Automated Home Legend
    • Dec 2007

Child-proofing ...

things are gathering apace here, towards our install, so we're trying to finalise what's to go where - one part of which is completing the list of buttons & switches we need around the house - Idratek modules & reed-switches & microswitches & whatever ...

all very fine, but one question that's come up is children - ie: sometimes they like to play, and this might cause havock ... so, does anyone have experience of this, has anyone developed any good strategies to avoid the possible chaos ? !
    Last edited by chris_j_hunter; 1 October 2009, 03:15 PM.
    Our self-build - going further with HA...
  • Karam
    Automated Home Legend
    • Mar 2005

Clip behind the ear?

Just kidding , got a 5 year old myself. I think unless they find something interesting that a button (which they can reach) can do then they might not be interested to touch. So I guess one step is to try and keep critical functions out of reach/sight. Also perhaps more critical functions could be programmed to be accessed by multiple layer menus rather than first touch?

Comment

• chris_j_hunter
      Automated Home Legend
      • Dec 2007

trouble is, dare I say it, we live in a country where dinner ladies who tell parents when their kids are being bullied & policewomen who share childcare all lose their jobs, and goodness what happens to parents & teachers who discipline their children !! What with politicians too busy with their expenses & law-people playing pedantic ...

hmm, sorry ...

they'll generally not be our kids, but you're probably right - out of reach & stern talking will be the way !
      Last edited by chris_j_hunter; 2 October 2009, 11:09 PM.
      Our self-build - going further with HA...

Comment

Working...
      X