• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nad
    Automated Home Guru
    • Jul 2008

How to "hard reset" a module

It seems a bit quiet on here so I thought i'd ask an easy question

I've had a look through the help files and posts but I can't seem to find the instructions with regards to how to hard reset a module. i.e. returning to to factory settings so that Cortex picks it up as a new module when i connect it to the network again.

Thanks,
    Nad
  • Paul_B
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2006

I'm sure Karam has "talked" me through this before I'll check my emails when I get home.

Paul

Comment

• chris_j_hunter
      Automated Home Legend
      • Dec 2007

ISTR there's a recessed reset button on the bottom of at least some of the modules ... see the datasheet for the one concerned ... presumably insert a paperclip & it's done ?
      Our self-build - going further with HA...

Comment

• Nad
        Automated Home Guru
        • Jul 2008

Thanks Paul

Chris,

I thought that would do the trick too, but no luck Gumby has mentioned resetting mudules on his site but i hadn't found anything with regards to actually how he did it (i could have just missed it though).

Thanks,
        Nad

Comment

• Karam
          Automated Home Legend
          • Mar 2005

There are a variety of ways. If the module in question is part of an existing network and has an object representing it in the Cortex database then probably this method is reasonably user friendly:

Stop the network. Use Tools | Node profile utility to start a profile analysis on the module. You can stop the analysis after it has gone past the OS parameters. Right click on the OS parameters heading and you will then get a Revert to factory defaults option. Click on this. The module will be reverted to factory settings and reset. The corresponding object in Cortex will have its ID value reset to 0000 (meaning it is now an object to which new hardware can be assigned). If you now close down the Profile utility and reset the module you would be able to re-assign it to its previous object (since that is now free).

Another method - if you know the module NID (Node ID) - and assuming the module is connected to the network and no other module on that network shares this ID, then you can send a direct command packet using the command line window under the structure/comms window. The command packet would look like this:

FA90xxyy440006000000FF <'transmit' or hit enter twice>

where, for xxyy you should substitute the module's NID

When you next reset the module it will be in factory default state.

Comment

Working...
          X