Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intermittent / timed operation of SC9000

Automated Home Lurker

Default Intermittent / timed operation of SC9000

Help please.

I am controlling a couple of lights via wall switches and a KR22E keypad.

After approximately 17.00pm till 24.00 and from aprox 06.00am till 07.00am I am able to control the lights with the keypad. At other times the keypad will not operate the lights.
    The lights will not at any time operate from the SC9000 keypad.

Also connected via the SC9000 is a Digimax thermostat control this works ok all the time.

I have checked and cleared all timers on the SC9000 and the console shows no timers are set. The above cycle also seems to be independent of the console clock time as initially I did not set it.

Console is set to "Home Control".

Are you arming the system at all. I think when you arm the system the keypad for lighting control stops working. Also there is an auto arm feature, which looks like what is happening, so the console will at a set time arm itself.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    www.casatech.eu Renovation Spain Blog

Automated Home Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by toscal View Post
    Are you arming the system at all. I think when you arm the system the keypad for lighting control stops working. Also there is an auto arm feature, which looks like what is happening, so the console will at a set time arm itself.
    Thank you for your reply:

No it is left on "Home Control" - no timers are set that are accessible from the menu items. If there are any other timers how are they accessed ?

When you cleared the timers how did you do it. Via menu option 6 or via option 9. Option 6 will do all of them at once. While option 9 will do them individually.
    Also in option 6 it is possible to do a master reset. Before you do this next time it happens try disarming the console first to see if this works.
    It is possible you may have a faulty console. Also does anything significant happen at these time, like a motor or pump coming on.

Automated Home Lurker

Hi, Via option 6. I have now done a MATER reset yesterday evening. All light units and thermostat operated via the key pad and the SC9000 controller.

This morning (before approx. 7.00am) the light units would not operate via key pad or controller after they were ok and now at 9.30am they do not operate.

The SC9000 is showing "Home control"

Did you try the arm and disarm, then see if it works. Does your central heating come on at about that time.

Automated Home Lurker

Hi, Just tried Arm / Disarm sequence but lights are still not working.

Heating is on a auto /manual system that is currently set to manual and does not coincide with lighting problem.

Digimax thermostat control is operating normally.

Just waiting for 17.00 to see if lighting control activates.

Automated Home Lurker

Hi, last night and tonight the unit keypad started working at aprox 17.00pm.

A reply I had from UK Automation:
    From your description of the problem, I would say you have some piece of electrical equipment which is generating electrical noise on your power lines during the times you have laid out. This can be anything from plasma TVs down to the small plug in power transformers. If you can locate the problem you can filter it out with the following:

No plasma screens and no equipment running on a timed sequence.

MikeA.

Are you living in a house or a flat.
    And do you have a whole house X10 filter fitted.
    I have to agree with UK automation's answers. As its too set the times when it starts and stops. It could be anything from switching a pc or laptop on, to a sprinkler system, street lighting or outside lighting.
    What about setting up a timer to switch something on during this time does that work.
    Is your hot water system on a separate timer.
    Last edited by toscal; 5th November 2009 at 08:52 PM.

Automated Home Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    Heating is on a auto /manual system that is currently set to manual and does not coincide with lighting problem.

Digimax thermostat control is operating normally.
    Detached house. No plasma tv.

The original SC2800 was working for at least 5 years until the DIGIMAX circuit failed.
    The DIGIMAX circuit on this unit SC9000 works correctly at ALL times only the light units work intermittently.

There is no equipment that is ONLY switch ON or OFF at the period when the light circuit is not working.

The unit is currently not working so I did a MASTER RESET, the DIGIMAX installed correctly. The light units do not respond and will not install (09.00am)

All electrical items including deep freeze turned off, SC9000 - MASTER RESET, the DIGIMAX installed correctly. The light units do not respond and will not install.

Last night one light turned itself on at aprox 23.00pm and was turned off via Keypad. At 03.00am the other light unit was on it also was turned off via Keypad.
    I am coming to the conclusion that the SC9000 is faulty, just like the original SC2800 that was dead on arrival 5years ago.

The mystery continues for a while.

Regards MikeA.