• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GarethHowell
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Nov 2009

Replacing Worcester RF therm for Honeywell

I have a newly installed Worcester Greenstar CDi with the DT10RF Digistat.

I'm not happy with the degree of control offered by the DT10RF (only a single program for all 7 days) and would like to replace the CH Thermostat bit with a Honeywell RF programmable thermostat that I already own (because this has a separate program for each day and better extension and holiday functions). I'm quite happy with the HW control offered by the DT10RF.

The question is: Is this possible without replacing the whole control system?

A possible problem might be the separation of HW and CH controls, given that the DT10RF combines these.

Gareth
  • GarethHowell
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Nov 2009

Nobody?

Somebody must have some experience of the Worcester controls.

Comment

• SensibleHeatUK
      • Feb 2009

Unfortunately you either use the standard controls on the boiler or replace them with your own - internally the boiler will only have a single switched live signal to make it run rather than separate switch signals for heating & hot water.

If it is only the limited time control that causes you problems then why not replace the DT10 with the DT20 which has a 7-day timeclock?

If you do decide to replace the controls then I don't think you can keep the DT10, I would remove this and use a separate time clock for control of hot water. If you go to the Worcester website and pick the Trade area you will find full installation manuals for their boilers which includes electrical connection details.
      Sensible Heat
      SensibleHeat.co.uk

Comment

• GarethHowell
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Nov 2009

Thanks for that.

Disappointing, but I guess not surprising.

Gareth

Comment

Working...
        X