• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eurosoba
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Nov 2009

Some power sockets don't work

I use X10 to switch lights on and off, controlled from a laptop in the spare room. Mostly it works fine, but one or two of the power sockets in the house just don't seem to support it at all.
    I use a mixture of LM12 and AM12 and have tried every combination I can think of, but it's always the same sockets that simply won't receive X10 signals. They work fine in normal (non-X10) use.
    Anyone got any ideas?
    Many thanks
  • Otto-Mate
    Founder
    • Jan 2004

Welcome eurosoba.

Just one of the 'joys' of X10 I'm afraid. Usually something noisy on the mains that's stopping the X-10 signal propagating to / from a particular socket.

You can try unplugging everything in the house (including things like fridges) and then see if the X10 works. If it does you may be able to use a filter like this on the offending appliance...

You could also try the "second generation" X10 modules which are more sensitive...

Good luck.

M.
    Editor AutomatedHome.co.uk

www.facebook.com/AutomatedHomeUK
    www.twitter.com/ottomate
    www.instagram.com/automatedhome/

Comment

• eurosoba
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Nov 2009

Thanks Otto-Mate,
      I'm already using a new generation device, and oddly this socket used to work. So I guess I've got to work out what other devices I've plugged in at about the time it packed up. Could be any one of hundreds!
      As you say, just one of the joys...
      Thanks again for your help

Comment

Working...
      X