• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaffab
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Dec 2008

Sc9000 driving m nuts!?!?!?

Help!! My SC9000 (I think) has started playing up... I think. But need some other people to give me their thoughts.

So initially, everything was warm and happy, then things (over the past couple of months) have been playing up.

First, we had false alarms going off, the display on the SC9000 said it was a Ms90 sensor, so ready to return it as faulty. Then the linked MS13E sensors where hit and miss on detecting movement.

Now, two door sensors are causing problems. Either they are being shown as open when they are clearly shut (sensor number is steady on the SC9000 display), if I unregister the door sensors zones then re-register them, I open and shut the door, and it takes between 30 seconds and 2 minutes after the door is open/shut before the SC9000 pings and registers the zone.

Once registered, if I open the door, the Sc9000 does not ping to say that the door is open. So just to try things out, I set the alarm, opened both doors - no trigger. Then, a minutes later, the alarm sounds. Both doors are set for minimum delay.

However, the SC9000 happily receives key fob commands, and turns on the outside light (which is 3 feet from the unit, and on the same power spur).

So, either all the sensors have started to play up, or the SC9000 radio system is on the fritz. Oh, ALL batteries in all sensors have ben replaced - no improvement.

What do others think? Is it possible the SC9000 radio sensor to start to be hit and miss?
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    My life is Home Automation, and my PS3 clan friends at http://www.ps3crowd.com
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

How many sensors do you have assigned in the unit and how many sensors are of the MS13E type.
    Try disabling the MS13E sensors and see what happens.
    Are any of your sensors above or near radiators or pointing directly at one or near a window that gets a lot of sun.
    Also when you are trying to trigger the MS13E are you walking across the beam or walking towards the sensors. Walking across the sensors will trigger them almost instantly while walking towards the sensor can be a bit hit and miss. Something else to be aware of is that many wireless sensors have a standby mode, so if a sensor is continually being triggered it will actually switch off for a while to conserve battery, this normally happens when the panel is not armed. When the panel is armed this shouldn't happen as there won't be a lot of movement. And what movement there is will be from an intruder and the alarm triggers.
    I have seen on the Visonic door sensor that the reed switch gets stuck, unfortunately this normally means a swap for a new one. Most sensors don't like damp or very humid conditions, so this could also be a factor. Or it could be that the power supply for the SC9000 is faulty, this has the X10 controller built in to it. Spare supplies are available.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• jaffab
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Dec 2008

Lets see, I have 2 MS90's. 3 door sensors and 3 MS13Es. This morning, the SC9000 was reporting that one of the door sensors was not connected (flashing number) and one was open (steady number), when both were not the case.

the only sensor which could be classed as being in a damp/humid location could be the one in the garage (on main door), but in fact, this one is reporting no errors. The other two are nice and warm :-)

If it was a faulty power supply on the SC9000, yes, this would account for the missing X10 signals for the sensors, but it would not account for the bad signals for the the MS90s and door sensors, nor the lack of chime when the doors are open, nor the delay in registering the devices on the SC9000.... would it?
      __________________________________________________ _______________________
      My life is Home Automation, and my PS3 clan friends at http://www.ps3crowd.com

Comment

Working...
      X