• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Quantum
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Nov 2009

New home automation project - Contribute and Follow

UPDATED Nov 17

I'm starting this thread as a work log for my first home which I plan to build next year. I am planning to integrate various C-Bus components and a high speed data network. When the work begins, I will keep a photo/video log of the installation and the final product and post them here as it progresses.

My knowledge of C-Bus is fairly limited but I have been reading the tech manuals. A licensed installer will be doing the job, but I want to plan it myself. Suggestions and help are much appreciated.
    Cost estimates on the cbus hardware and installation would be much appreciated.

This is the current schematic. I am still designing and will update as I refine the project.

Last edited by Quantum; 16 November 2009, 05:40 PM.
  • rarem
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Sep 2009

Looks great. Documented very nicely. It's great to see a nice logical plan.

Can't comment on the technicalities of C-Bus as I know nothing about it, but am very pleased to see that you are using Macs as I might learn something of use to me.

Keep up the high standard of documentation and good luck!

Comment

• TimH
      Automated Home Legend
      • Feb 2004

Looks good
      As I'm sure you're already aware, forward planning is the key to a successful project so you look to have started on the right track.

Just one question, are you planning for a Gigabit router (as the diagram would indicate) or going for a separate router & switch?
      You may find that separate items give you a bit more flexibility and a separate switch will have more network ports than the four you usually get on a router. You'll also have the option for additional wireless access points so that your iPhone, laptop etc. gets full coverage over your property.

As for Cbus pricing, have a look at www.cbus-shop.com

HTH, and keep us posted.

Tim.
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
      X