• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BigDutch
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Aug 2004

Audio & Video Switching Units

I've been reading about the KAT5 product(s) for my new home and Keith has told me that work is progressing slowly on his switching unit.

My plan is to be able to have 2-3 sources to 4-5 rooms and allow each room to choose and control any of the 2-3 sources. Does anyone have any ideas on a product that will allow "multi-room", "multi-source" ?
  • milkattable2
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Sep 2004

Re: Audio & Video Switching Units

Yes, You need an a/v matrix...

However the question is how do you want to send the audio & video to the rooms? and do you want to use RF distribution, Baseband signals or RGB Video. Also do you want stereo in each room?

The answers to this will enable you to decide on what matrix to use. You then have to think about how you going to control it. i.e. how is person A in room B going to select source C or whatever???

Have a look at this unit by Keene: -

Its a 4*4 Matrix that can be controlled using IR... However you would also require an IR distribution system, which they do sell aswell .

Hope that helps....

Comment

• BigDutch
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Aug 2004

Hi,

I was intending to use the "KAT5" (www.kat5.tv) sender/receiver which takes a scart lead in/out. That matrix appears to only use composite which isn't really the quality i was looking for, but it is certainly nice and cheap and i will bear in mind if things to go to plan !

Any other ideas ?

Comment

• katman
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BigDutch
        Hi,

I was intending to use the "KAT5" (www.kat5.tv) sender/receiver which takes a scart lead in/out. That matrix appears to only use composite which isn't really the quality i was looking for, but it is certainly nice and cheap and i will bear in mind if things to go to plan !

Any other ideas ?
        Several people are using S-Video matrix switchers with KAT5 but they dont come cheap. I believe LetsAutomate.com (other HA retailers are available!) stock the Kramer Matrix Switchers which are superb but pricey as they are professional grade AV components rather than domestic AV kit.

Keith
        KAT5.tv - affordable high quality AV Distribution
        http://www.kat5.tv

Comment

Working...
        X