• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjdavey-uk
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Nov 2009

Advise Needed

Hi There,

This should be a simple one for you guy's but I'm really struggling to resolve it.

I have a plug socket with a light in it that is controlled by a light switch, when I turn this light switch on I want some other lights in different sockets to come on at the same time and I want to be able to turn these all off via a flat X10 controller near the bed

I have bought a light switch from ebay that I thought would do the job, but no luck. This seems to recieve signals but not send them.

I can turn everything on and off with the X-10 controller, but I cannot turn them all on/off with the light switch

Looking forward to your replies, I'll buy you a beer if you help me solve this, Cheers

Regards
    Chris
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

That switch will not send any X10 commands, it only receives them.
    Also how many X10 modules do you have and what codes are they all set to.
    I need more information about your set up to be able to give you a proper solution.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• cjdavey-uk
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by toscal View Post
      That switch will not send any X10 commands, it only receives them.
      Also how many X10 modules do you have and what codes are they all set to.
      I need more information about your set up to be able to give you a proper solution.
      Hi,

Thanks for the reply, this is the set up:-

I have a bedroom using the wall switch advised. The 2 way switch is wired to the centre light and to an additional light LV halogen, I want to be able to turn this additional light and another light LV halogen which is plug into a wall socket with x10 appliance recieve on and off with a uk style wall switch.

In addition to the above I have 2 x Marmitek X10 Wireless Wall Switch, I can turn all lights on and off with these switches, but not with the wall switch.

I have one other item this is a Marmitek TM13 and standard remote, this is being used to turn an amp on remotly

Regards
      Chris

Comment

Working...
      X