• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TimH
    Automated Home Legend
    • Feb 2004

Free to a good home :)

I've had a bit of a clear out and have found the following. They're of no use to me so you can have them for free. If you can't collect from the Hindhead area of Surrey/Hampshire (GU26 1AA will get you close), postage will be at cost.

# 3-off serial Microsoft mice, been in the shed a while but otherwise look OK for their age. Not tested.
    # 10-off sealed "Microsoft Windows 95 with USB support" CDs, + 1-off unsealed CD - NOTE that the licence notice states "only for distribution with a new PC".
    # 5-off sealed "Introducing Microsoft Windows 95" Licence packs
    # 1-off MS DOS 5.0 Upgrade Pack - NO DISKS but looks like a full set of manuals. Box is a bit tired, but servicable.

Let me know if interested,

Tim.

EDIT: Collection from Leatherhead area also possible (KT22)
    Last edited by TimH; 1 December 2009, 10:00 AM. Reason: extra collection area added
    My Flickr Photos
  • TimH
    Automated Home Legend
    • Feb 2004

The clear-out continues and I have the following to add to the list.
    As before, all items are free but you must be collected from the Hindhead area of Surrey (can arrange a meet-up reasonably local though, so Woking, Farnborough, Guildford, Leatherhead, Liphook, etc. would also be ok).

Cheers,

Tim.

• Compaq Prolinea 5100M + monitor
      A computer base unit on offer, but please read the following before asking for it.
      This is an OLD computer - a Pentium 90 I think. If you're intending to run Windows 2000/XP/Vista then forget it, it's *way* too old for that!!
      It has Windows 3.11 installed and has never been connected to the internet. It has no USB ports and no optical (CD/DVD) drive. Query network card??
      I wouldn't recommend this for someone starting out with PCs but it might be good as a basis of a file server with Linux (or FreeNAS run from a floppy disk) and a hard drive controller card etc.
      It's never really been used so is in excellent condition and very clean.
      Comes with keyboard, mouse & 15"" monitor included - all to go as one lot.

• Toshiba 3200M Computer
      Received from another freecycler for parts but now surplus to requirements.
      It has NO hard drive or operating system.
      It's a Pentium III machine with 128MB RAM & 1x DVD ROM & 1x CD drive, USB, network & dial-up modem.
      A very tidy little machine :-)
      No monitor/keyboard/mouse included.

• Computer tower case, stripped
      A full-size tower case largely stripped of parts. I received this from another freecycler for a project but never got around to it.
      It has 4 external / 5¼"" drive bays, a number (6/7?) of internal 3½""
      drive bays and two front USB ports.
      Included is an AMD-based motherboard (xxxx) but this is believed to be FAULTY.
      Also included are various cables and a floppy drive (condition unknown).
      There is no hard drive or power supply.

• Sony VTX-100 Analogue TV Tuner – Working A standalone tuner for TVs, like an older, larger version of a modern Freeview box.
      Note that this is an ANALOGUE tuner and will not receive Freeview channels.
      It worked last time I used it so I assume it is UK PAL.
      Other than that I’ve got very little information on it, and no manual.
      I don’t have the IR remote either.
      It was rescued from a company boardroom system and while originally was IR-controlled, the sensor has been replaced with a DIN plug on a fly lead out the back so is now a wired system. The UK 3-pin plug has also been replaced with a kettle-type socket (now requires a regular PC power lead to feed it).
      Video-out is composite via BNC and what appears to be S-video on “full-size” DIN. The unit also outputs stereo audio and has a headphone socket.
      The unit is in good cosmetic condition, from a smoke-free home etc."

• Toshiba VideoPlus VCR – FAULTY
      Was never the same after a power cut / brown-out. It can't seem to hold the picture properly so maybe still repairable? Remote included if I can find it.

• 3 computer keyboards - In computer "beige". Two with PS/2 connectors, one with an AT connector.
      3x serial mice: Two complete and one missing the ball and hole cover.
      1x PS/2: Beige IBM two-button wheel mouse, as-new.

• A/B switch boxThe type of thing used to share a printer between two computers.
      Two 25-way D connector inputs and one 25-way D connector output.
      Blue/black. Don't know if its serial or parallel.

• Windows 95 OS CDs
      10x sealed CDs for intallation of Windows 95.

• Commercial ceiling lights
      Normally found in offices these are about 2ft square with 4 short fluoro tubes inside and intended to be recessed into a false ceiling.
      No idea whether they work - yet another ""project"" I've not got around to sorting… They don't include the front grilles so maybe useful as loft lights?
      (that's where I was going to put them)
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

• TimH
      Automated Home Legend
      • Feb 2004

Just the VCR left now

Cheers,

Tim.

Originally posted by TimH View Post
      • Toshiba VideoPlus VCR – FAULTY
        Was never the same after a power cut / brown-out. It can't seem to hold the picture properly so maybe still repairable? Remote included if I can find it.
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
      X