• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • acannings
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Nov 2009

New HA System

Hi.
    I'm very new to all of this and would like some advice.
    I have to renew our alarm system and would like to got the "whole hog" and integrate all systems.
    Our property consists of the main building, complete with wireless network.
    Several outbuildings, some of which are and will need to be alarmed.
    PC Based CCTV on the front gate as well as elsewhere in the property. This catures images through hardware compression to a NAS box.
    Home automation on some lights/power in all of the property.

So what I am looking for is a security/HA system, that can be accessed via the internet, as well as undertake some basic time orientated light switching.

Can you help?

Regards
  • chris_j_hunter
    Automated Home Legend
    • Dec 2007

there are a few to choose from (*) - Comfort & AlertMe might suit well but, to go further, be sure also to have a look at Idratek (forum not far from here, Gumby's blog, Idratek web-site - lots to read, worth taking the time to dig) - smart system, & affordable, too !

Chris

(*) eg: EIB/KNX, C-Bus, AlertMe, Idratek, Niko, Dupline, Comfort, Insteon, X-10, xAP, xCL - all have strengths & limitations, pros & cons ... Wiki entries for some are available (eg: X-10) ... ditto the forums, for the several that have them. Some can work with each other, too, to some extent - eg: Idratek can work with the last three mentioned - and Squeezebox, too, BTW - which can help to fill some gaps !
    Last edited by chris_j_hunter; 4 December 2009, 11:53 AM. Reason: added others ...
    Our self-build - going further with HA...

Comment

• Collectors
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Mar 2009

Found these to work well, but a little expensive. http://www.heatmisershop.co.uk/
      Regards Chris.
      Barnet Walks
      Collectors-info

Comment

• VenturaCottage
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Nov 2009

Consider idratek

Currently setting up my Idratek system - beginning with a starter pack. It is a steep learning curve, but I can already see how flexible and powerful that makes it and the customer support (hand holding) is second to none

Comment

Working...
        X